|Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory - Wiki||SEARCH This Site|
Books - Publications:
[Books & Materials: Marketplace - Genealogy & Family History]
Business & Professional
[Business Occupations - Business Resources]
|Calendars & Clocks | Citing Sources | Copyright, Patents & Trademarks | Currency & Money: Weights, Measures & Symbols|
|Documentation & Identity Records||How Do I Begin To Document & File Family History?|
|Indexers & Genealogists||Relationship Charts|
|Research Tools, Articles & Forms||Writing Systems & Handwriting|
Collaborative Real-Time Editor | List of Collaborative Software:
Apache Software Foundation: Apache OpenOffice - Free & Open
Google™ Drive: My Drive - Your Memories, Safe & Secure
LibreOffice Productivity Suite: Free Download and Install
[Microsoft Excel: Excel Tutorial - Links - Vertex42 | Excel]
OneDrive (OneDrive) - Office Online (Microsoft Office Online)
BUSINESS and PROFESSIONAL
Principle of Integrity
* Becoming a Professional Genealogist (pdf)
Academic Supervisory Relationship Specialist - Adoption Specialist
Agency Historian - Archivist - Bibliographer - Biographer - Bookseller
Building Historian - Business Historian - Columnist - Communicator
Conference Planner - Consultant - Curator - Digital Preservation Expert
Documentation Specialist - Editor - Elderly Care Advisor - Ethnic Specialist
Expert Witness - Family Historian - Family Relationship Expert - Genealogist
Geneticist - Heritage Specialist - Indexer - Inheritance Researcher - Instructor
Internet Researcher - Kinship Specialist - Lecturer - Librarian - Lineage Specialist
Local Historian - Oral Historian - Personal Resource Specialist - Photographer
Professor - Publisher - Recorder - Rehabilitation Aide - Reference Consultant
Researcher - Reunion Planner - Social Touring Specialist - Society Historian
Student - Surname Specialist - Teacher - Tech Expert - Translator - Web Designer
Webmaster - Writer.
- Become a Genealogist - Start a Genealogy Business
Become a Professional Genealogist.
Genealogy jobs and volunteer opportunities.
Search or browse by date, category or location.
- Genealogist Career Information
- Genealogy as a Career (pdf)
- Transitional Genealogists Forum
Help other interested organizations and individuals easily find information
on current issues in international academic and professional mobility,
and on procedures for the recognition of foreign qualifications.
* Forrester Blogs
Making leaders successful every day.
Global source for the best minds for application consulting,
technical consulting, outsourcing and engineering services.
* Knowledge@Wharton High School
Online journal for students interested in finding out more
about the world of business. Explore feature stories about
teen-run companies and business trends; read articles on
how the economy works and how careers take shape; listen
to and view audio and video podcasts spotlighting business’s
most creative and colorful characters in fields like sports,
entertainment, retail and hi-tech.
- Globalization ‘Defines the Modern World’
* Life, Physical & Social Science Occupations
Occupational Outlook Handbook : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Career Resources | AHA
Historians as consultants and contractors. (archived)
- Survey Researchers
INDIVIDUALS and ORGANIZATIONS:
* American Society of Genealogists
Recognition of genealogy as a serious subject of research
in the historical and social fields of learning.
* Association of Professional Genealogists
* Association of Scottish Genealogists & Researchers in Archives
* Board for Certification of Genealogists and Roster
* Category:Genealogists - Wikipedia: Thomas Milton Tinney, Sr. - Google+
- American Genealogists by Source Wikipedia; LLC Books (Paperback)
* Cyndi's List - Professionals, Volunteers & Other Research Services
* Directory of Genealogists
* Genealogy Professionals and Genealogist Service Directory - genealogyPro™
* Global Alliance of Professional Genealogists
Specialized family history research assistance.
* Global Speakers Federation
- Global Speakers Federation Member Associations
- National Speakers Association - United States of America: Speaker - Magazine
- SpeakerNet News
- Genealogical Speakers Guild
- Speakerpedia: Encyclopedia of Speakers
- Genealogy Speakers
* Great Aunty Alice's Researchers
Family history researchers based across the UK and around the world.
* International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists™
- Find an AG® Professional | ICAPGen
* Professional Genealogist Finder™
Genealogy research professional genealogist finder.
* ProGenealogists: Genealogy Search Resources
* Society of Australian Genealogists
* USA: Find a "genealogist"; use "genealogists" and "family historian",
or, other key words, in Google™ Maps and Yahoo!® Local.
* Cyndi's List - Occupations
* Dictionary of Old Occupations - Index
* DOT Dictionary of Occupational Titles Index
* Guide to the World of Occupations (GWO)
- Alphabetical List of Occupations
- Lists of People by Occupation
* Guild of Colonial Artisans and Tradesmen
* Historical International Classification of Occupations (HISCO)
Central to history is the world of work in the past. This can be understood
through an evaluation of occupational activities, using an occupational
information system that is both international and historical, simultaneously
linking to existing classifications used for present-day conditions; thus,
a combination of various kinds of information on tasks and duties
in historical settings, as well as images on the history of work.
- Collaboratories in Social & Economic History
- Historical Life Courses
Large-scale, public databases of life histories from the past.
* History Of Work Information System: Links
Tens of thousands of occupational titles from countries and languages
around the world from the sixteenth to the twentieth century.
Images on the world of work in the past,
taken from various books and collections.
* North American Industry Classification System: NAICS Association - Links
NAICS - SIC updates, manuals, reference files and database enhancements.
- Free NAICS & SIC Code Lookup
* O*NET OnLine: O*NET Resource Center - Related Sites
Tool for career exploration and job analysis.
* Ranks, Professions, Occupations and Trades
* Vocational Information Center: Index
Career and technical education resources.
Management - Topic Outline of Business Management
* BBB - Better Business Bureau®
Fairness and Integrity in the marketplace: US and Canadian BBB®.
- Identity Theft | Email Scams | Online Privacy & Safety | Microsoft®
* Business Owner's Toolkit from BizFilings (USA)
Total know-how for small business and entrepreneurs.
Business plan software and free sample business plans.
- Financial and Employment Information
- Home Business® Magazine
Work from home.
Where to start and grow your business.
- MLM Genealogy Leads
New genealogy lists and reports.
- Small Business Trends
Daily updates on trends that influence the global small business market.
- U. S. Small Business Administration
- Yellow Pages by Superpages®.com (USA)
* Conferences and Event Planning: Meeting
Directory focusing on conferences, conventions, trade shows,
exhibits, workshops, events and business meetings.
- Event Planning
Find USA wedding hall, party rooms,
conference rooms, meeting and event space.
- Global Meetings Industry Portal
Congresses, conferences, conventions, incentives, meetings and special events.
Search for corporate meeting rooms, event venues and banquet facilities.
* Entrepreneur®: Sitemap & Index
Business news and Strategy for entrepreneurs.
* Entrepreneurial Resources
Comprehensive listing of entrepreneurial resources on the Internet.
* Family History Based Education Resources
Study history's greatest texts as sources of knowledge
of leadership and find out how to enable greatness.
* Free Online MBA and Business Lectures
* globalEDGE - Global Business Knowledge: SiteMap
* Google™ for Entrepreneurs
You have an idea. Make it happen. Discover local programs
and online resources to launch and scale your business.
* Management & Organization Studies Information Resources
- Management Information Systems Information Resources
- Technology & Operations Management Information Resources
- The Connected Business: How Businesses Use Technology - FT.com
* Marketing: Topic Outline of Marketing
Advertising agencies, TV commercials, commercial ads and award winning ads.
Technology foundation for digital advertising.
- Google™ Partners - Find a Google™ Partner
- Inside Network
Providing original market research, critical analysis, data services, and news
on the Facebook® platform, social gaming, and mobile applications ecosystems.
Marketing tutorials, news, how-to and resources.
- Market Research World: Market Research Resources & Links
General information about market research.
- Marketing and Advertising
- Marketing Strategies & Ideas For Your Business | Entrepreneur.com
- Portal - Global Marketing
Marketing, market research, Internet marketing and advertising.
- Advertising: Advertising - Redbooks.com
* Public Relations: Oxford Analytica - International Relations
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA): Site Map
National and international public relations related online sources.
- Global Alliance: PRSA Global Affairs Committee Resources
- Public Relations Student Society of America
Small business advice, help starting a business and entrepreneur forum.
Suite of online applications (services), that are free for individuals;
some organization fees.
CALENDARS and CLOCKS:
Educational Exhibits about Time, Clocks, Daylight Saving & Calendars
* Current Time: Clock - NIST: A Walk Through Time
- Official US Time: UTC: Worldwide Day and Night
- World Clock
- World Time Server
* General Calendar: Calendar (Calendar - GeneaWiki)
- Calendar Conversion
Module supports the following calendars:
Gregorian (current civil), Calendar week (ISO), Julian (old civil),
Islamic (Moslem), Hebrew (Jew - Jewish), Mayan,
French Revolutionary, Old Hindu, Achelis', Coptic, Ethiopian,
Jalaali (incomplete) and Kyureki (Japanese traditional with CE).
- Calendar Home.com: Calendar Links
- Calendar Wiki: Calendrical Software
- Calendar Zone
- Calendars Through The Ages | Calendars
- Calendopaedia - The Encyclopaedia of Calendars
- Cyndi's List - Calendars & Dates
- Interfaith Calendar for World Religions
- Old Style and New Style Dates
* Worldwide History and Social Studies:
- Timelines, Date Conversions & Period Resources
CITING SOURCES: Citation
* Citation Builder
Creates citations for you in APA or MLA format.
* Citation Guides - LibGuides at UC Davis
Library Instruction Services, University Library - University of California, Davis.
* Citations & Style Guides | University of North Texas Libraries
- APA Style (Sciences)
Research in linguistics; human, behavioral, social, and political sciences; education;
computer science and information management; business and management;
also, environmental and physical sciences.
- Chicago / Turabian Style (Humanities)
Academic writing in history, political science, business and the humanities.
- MLA Style (Humanities)
Writing about language and literature,
the arts, the humanities and some sciences.
Harvard referencing generator: Harvard APA.
* CiteULike: Everyone's Library
Free service for managing and discovering scholarly references.
* Citing Sources
Documentation guidelines for citing sources and avoiding plagiarism.
* Cyndi's List - Citing Sources
* EasyBib: Free Bibliography Generator
MLA, APA, Chicago; more citation styles.
* Evidence Explained (Book)
Citing history sources from artifacts to cyberspace.
* Genealogical Proof Standard
* How to Cite Sources
* Internet Citation Guide for Genealogists
* OttoBib.com: OttoBib
Automatic Easy Bibliography Generator: MLA, APA, Wikipedia & Bibtex Citations.
* Professional Genealogy
Manual for researchers, writers, editors, lecturers and librarians.
* Research & Documentation Online 5th Edition
* Research Strategies: Internet Evaluation
* Son of Citation Machine™
Interactive web tool designed to assist high school, college,
and university students, their teachers, and independent researchers
in their effort to respect other people's intellectual properties.
* Sources, Citations, Documentation & Evaluating Evidence
* Why Bother?
Value of documentation in family history research.
* Zotero: standalone [Zotero Documentation]
Free, easy-to-use tool, inside the web browser itself;
to help collect, organize, cite and share research sources.
COPYRIGHT, PATENTS and TRADEMARKS:
Copyright - Patent - Trademark
* Copyright Information and International Resources
- International Copyright Resources
- List of Countries' Copyright Lengths
- U.S. Copyright Office
- Copyright Renewal Database
- Understanding Fair Use | University of Minnesota Libraries
* Intellectual Property: Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
Worldwide patent offices, IP organizations, official databases,
official guidelines, case law databases, IP courts, etc.
- World Intellectual Property Organization: Member States
Essential information on intellectual property by means
of individual country profiles. References to creations
of the mind: inventions, literary and artistic works, symbols,
names, images and designs used in commerce.
* Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks, Trade Secrets Worldwide
- Delphion Research Intellectual Property Network
International and US patent search database, with free basic search.
- Google™ Search Patents
- Intellogist: Resource Finder - Patent Searching - Trademark Resources
Patent search questions. Expert answers.
- ipHandbook of Best Practices
- Patent & Trademark Information
- Patent Searching Database
- ™Web and Thomson CompuMark - Global
Search, registration, global trademark and brand protection.
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- Patent law | Patent Search | Historic Patents
CURRENCY and MONEY: WEIGHTS, MEASURES and SYMBOLS:
* Collection of Useful Numismatic List of Starting Points
- Currency & Banking
- xe.com The Universal Currency Converter™
- fxHistory® Classic | OANDA®
- Historical Exchange Rates | OANDA®
- Inflation Calculator
- Money ("money"): History of Money from Ancient Times to the Present Day
- Ancient Coins: Roman, Greek, Byzantine and Celtic
Numismatic reference for attribution and values.
- Banknote World - Paper Money Collecter
Offers images and information on tens of thousands of past and present notes.
Find specific issues using the Search fields, or explore notes
from all over the globe by clicking the geographic links.
- Coin and Conscience - Baker Library Historical Collections
Popular views of money, credit and speculation.
- Current Value of Old Money
How much would a specified amount of money
at a certain period of time be worth today?
- Cyndi's List - Money
- Historical: American Currency Exhibit
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco's American Currency Exhibit online.
- Measuring Worth
Relative worth calculators and data sets.
- Paper Money & Bank Note WWW Directory
- American Numismatic Association: American Numismatic Society
- Online Resources
- Royal Numismatic Society: Links
WEIGHTS, MEASURES and SYMBOLS: Units of Measurement and Symbol
- Cyndi's List - Weights & Measures
- Dictionary of Units
- How Many? A Dictionary of Units of Measurement
- NIST: Weights and Measures
National Institute of Standards and Technology;
USA Weights and Measures Division.
Online encyclopedia that contains everything about symbols, signs,
flags and glyphs arranged by categories such as culture, country, religion, etc.
- World Weights and Measures
Past and present, units and systems of units, indexes and scales.
DOCUMENTATION and IDENTITY RECORDS:
* Ancestor Roots Information: Inheritance - Vital Records: A to Z Country Index
OneSource Genealogy and Family History Searchable Databases.
- Church Institutional - Historical Resources and Records
- Religious Denominations
- Cyndi's List - Genealogy Standards & Guidelines
- Cyndi's List - Primary Sources
- Driver's License
- Identity Document: List of National Identity Card Policies by Country
- Notary Public & Civil Law Notary
- Tax & Taxation
- Voting & Voting Registers
* Association for Documentary Editing: Resources
Links to the practice of publishing collections of writings, letters, and/or speeches.
* GeneaWiki (fr): articles en français
- Portail:Sources généalogiques
Find offline genealogy records and documents.
* Manuscript Sources for Genealogists: Manuscript Archives
* Northwestern University: Libraries
- Google™ Custom Search
Non-governmental organizations search.
- Government Information
- List of Foreign Governments
- List of IGOs: Intergovernmental Organizations
- International Resources by Region
- International Resources by Theme
- Unrepresented Nations & Peoples Organization
- UNPO Members
European public records and legal system.
Public records directory; free court, criminal,
property, business, birth, death and marriage records.
* Universitetet i Tromsø
- Historical Microdata around the World (1st version) (archived)
* USA: Identity Documents in the United States
- Public Record Center.com™
- Public Record Research Library (BRB Publications)
Free public record sites. Major United States federal, state and county
public record research guides and information manuals that explain
how to use effectively the available databases.
- Public Records Search: Articles
Encyclopedia of official state and county public records,
with review and publication of user-contributed resources.
- Birth Records
- Cemetery Records
- Census Records
- Court Records
- Criminal Records
- Death Records
- Divorce Records
- Genealogy Records
- Marriage Records
- Public Records
INDEXERS and GENEALOGISTS: DMOZ - the Open Directory Project
* ASSOCIATIONS: Indexing Associations
Professional indexing, classification and cataloguing associations.
- American Society For Indexing: A – Z Index - Special Interest Groups
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- Professional Organizations: Indexing Associations
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Indexers Inc
- Association of Southern African Indexers and Bibliographers
- China Society of Indexers
- German Network of Indexers
- Indexing Society of Canada
- Netherlands Indexing Network
- Society of Indexers (British - Irish)
- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- Indexers Available Online Directory
* PROJECTS - Genealogy and Family History:
- FamilySearch Indexing: FamilySearch Indexing
Preserving Family Heritage: Join thousands of other volunteers who are finding
and preserving worldwide family history; free worldwide access to the indexes.
- FamilySearch™ Indexing: Partner Projects
Free family history and genealogy records.
- Open Source Indexing
Build a tool that can be used by libraries, archives, museums, historical sites,
genealogy and heritage societies to run and control their own indexing projects.
- Transcribing, Abstracting, Extracting & Indexing
- World Archives Project - Ancestry.com
Free historical record collections with searchable record indexes.
* PUBLICATIONS - General:
Periodical devoted specifically to all aspects of indexing.
- ipl2: Information You Can Trust
Example of Internet indexing resource.
- List and Index Society
Serving and representing the British historical community.
- School of Library, Archival and Information Studies - UBC
- Indexing Resources on the WWW
Supporting working professionals.
- Archival Indexing
- Back-of-the-Book Indexing
- Database Indexing
Controlled vocabularies and thesauri.
- Indexers and Indexing
- Indexing Special Formats
- WWW Indexing
- Indexing Software
- Indexing Software Vendors
* WEB (WWW - INTERNET): Index (Search Engine) - Web Indexing
- GenDex Network
Genealogical index searches for persons in family trees on the internet.
- HTML Indexer™: Site Index
Professional's tool for creating and maintaining real indexes for web sites,
intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp and other HTML documents.
- Indexing the WWW
- OpenIndex: Links
Creating a public Internet index.
- Swish-e: Download Information
Fast, flexible, and free open source system for
indexing collections of web pages or other files.
- Web Indexing SIG
- Resources for Indexers on Web Indexing
RELATIONSHIP CHARTS: Pedigree Chart
* Ahnentafel Charts
- Cyndi's List - Cousins & Kinship
* Free Genealogy Charts
* Genealogical Charts & Family Trees Online
* Kinship: Kinship Glossary: Symbols, Terms & Concepts (archived)
- Kinship Degree Systems
- Systematic Kinship Terminologies
* Martha Stewart: Scrapbooking and Memorykeeping Crafts (Pinterest)
- Make a Family Tree - Birds of a Feather, Etc.
Different types of creative family trees.
* Pedigree & Lineage Networking: Family Trees
* Tree Seek
Create a quality family history chart, using the unverified data from
FamilySearch. Validate all charts created quickly with your mouse.
* WayBack . Family Ties | PBS KIDS GO!
- Grow A Tree
Online and downloadable versions.
RESEARCH TOOLS, ARTICLES and FORMS: (archived)
* BBC - Family History - Record Sheets
* BYU Family History Library: Print Forms & Research Helps
* Charts for Reference in Genealogy Research
* Cyndi's List - Supplies, Charts, Forms, Etc.
* Family History Research Wiki - Tools | Organize Your Genealogy
* Family Tree Magazine - Free Forms
* Foreign Languages: Translations & Translators
* Free Family Tree Template | Printable Blank Family Tree Chart
* Genealogical Tool Kit
Tools for that important research trip when visiting archives, libraries & town halls.
* Genealogy Toolbox - Genealogy Research Sources Checklist
* Glossary: Portal:Contents/Glossaries
- Dictionary of Genealogy & Archaic Terms
- Encyclopedia of Genealogy
- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z É
- Genealogy Encyclopedia :: Genealogy Inc.
Terminology and meanings of genealogical terms.
- Genealogy Quest: Glossaries
- Genealogy.com: Glossary
- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- Glossary of Genealogical Terms
- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- The TAO of Topic Maps
WRITING SYSTEMS and HANDWRITING: Penmanship
Historical records appear immediately after the appearance of writing, in all socially
connected societies, since the time of Adam and Eve. Oral history derives from area
geographical population "islands", devoid of advanced civilization, both in ancient
and modern times. When oral history is later recorded, the "oral history" is no longer
"oral history", but established tradition handed down from generation to generation.
All "preliterate societies" are actually branches, (oral societies are then "post literate"
societies), the linguistic degenerated sub sets of older civilizations from which they
came or out migrated, due to wars and other contentions (from Egypt, Mesopotamia,
China, the Hebrew Biblical ancestry, etc.). Modern genealogical research findings
reveal a similar pattern wherein approximately one-third of the world's secluded
populations are illiterate.
The nature and history of human language, by definition, requires the subject
to be limited to records produced by humans; i.e., the preserved genealogies
and associated documents, rather than modern speculative theories. The basic
thrust of all primary ancient centers of civilization has recognition of religious
authority and ethical lessons, associated with administrative secular documents.
History is properly concerned with causality, or why a certain outcome happened
and how it is linked to earlier events. History teaches that the world's writing systems
have not been independent of immediate, ongoing, factual group conflicts that create
generational illiteracy, unconnected to any linguistic epochs. The kept, handed down
genealogical pedigrees, fragmented and incomplete, show language corruption that
began in the 2944 - 1994 B.C. time period, altered through group regional population
movements and the subsequent family group isolation, in dynastic genealogies.
World's largest and most comprehensive directory and search engine
for acronyms, abbreviations and initialisms on the Internet.
- Abbreviations & Acronyms for Genealogy
- Genealogy Abbreviations
* English and Literature: Reference Writing
Includes book sources, dictionaries information, English studies,
foreign languages, grammar, literary resources, reading and writing data.
* HANDWRITING: Palaeography
- Centre for the Study of Ancient Documents
- Script, Image and the Culture of Writing in the Ancient World
- Cyndi's List - Handwriting & Script
- Cynscribe: Calligraphy Directory
Art of fine handwriting and penmanship.
- Deciphering Old Handwriting
- English Handwriting 1500 - 1700
- Examples of Old Handwriting
- Guidelines for Reading Old Documents
- How To Read A 200-Year-Old Document and Other FAQs
- List of Languages by First Written Accounts
- Medieval Writing: History, Heritage and Data Resource
- Palaeography: Palaeography Tutorial (How to read old handwriting)
- InScribe: Palaeography learning materials (free course)
Free course from the Institute of Historical Research.
- Reading Early American Handwriting (Book)
- Script Tutorials
Paleography, old documents, and family history research.
Languages: English, German, Dutch, Italian, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Scriptorium | English Handwriting
* How Do I Begin To Document & File Family History? An Introduction
* ISFHWE - International Society of Family History Writers & Editors
- Family History Writers - Google+
* List of Languages by Writing System
* Writing for the Web: A Primer for Librarians
General introduction to Web content creation.
* Writing Systems and Manuscripts
Documentation and Publications:
Copyright © 1997-2016 By: V. Chris & Thomas M. Tinney, Sr.
All rights reserved. Email: email@example.com
Return To: Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory - Wiki