Family genealogy or family history products and services needed for preparation,
publication and distribution of compiled records, with related family materials.
|Books: Dealers - Publishers - Distributors: Specific||Journals | Magazines | Marketplace | Newspapers|
|Digital Databases: Education Publications & Books Online||Periodical & Microform Resources|
|E-Book: Google™ Book Search - Other Resources||Publishing & Resource Tools|
|General Publishing Information||Writing Systems & Manuscripts|
BookPage®: Book Case Blog: Interviews and Reviews
Books on Google™ Play: "family history" - genealogy
British Library Online Gallery -------- Virtual Books
centerNet: Digital Humanities Centers Network
Centre for Manuscript and Print Studies
Centre for the History of the Book
Centre for the Study of the Book
EBSCO: New & Notable - Title Lists
Goodreads® Your Next Favorite Book
History of the Book at Harvard: Resources
- MyHeritage Blog: MyHeritage Launches Book Matching
What's New in Family History, Genealogy & Local History Books?
BOOKS: DEALERS - PUBLISHERS - DISTRIBUTORS:
Book - Portal:Books
Publisher's Catalogues: Links
Directory of 16,500+ publishers listed by topic, location, & type of material.
Used books, textbooks, rare books and out of print books.
* bol.com: De grootste boekenwinkel van Nederland en België
Largest bookshop in the Netherlands and Belgium.
Aggregating the inventories of well over 100,000 booksellers.
- Partner Booksellers & Listings Services
* BookFinder4U: Bookstores, Book Store List
* Books & Book Collecting and Books & Book Collecting 2
* British Publishing Links
- Links to Selected Rare Books Libraries, Organisations & Societies
* GlobalGenealogy.com Inc.: News & How-To
Everything for the family historian.
* List of English-Language Book Publishing Companies
* Publishers & Vendors and Bookstores & Book Publishers
Includes bookstores, publishers, vendors, booksellers sites
that offer shareware or freeware, sites which are lists of bookstores,
publishers and publishers of materials in all languages.
International directory of publishing Companies.
SPECIFIC: List of Bookstore Chains & List of University Presses
New and used books, textbooks, rare and out of print books.
* Al Manhal
Full-text searchable databases of scholarly and scientific publications
from the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
* Alexander Street
Publisher of streaming video, audio, and text library databases
that promote research, teaching, and learning across disciplines,
including music, counseling, history, business and more.
Used books, used textbooks, rare and out-of print books.
* AllBookstores.com: Textbook & Book Store List
Compare prices on new and used books, as well as college textbooks.
* Amazon.com: (Advanced Search: Books)
Online shopping for electronics, apparel, computers, books, DVDs, etc.
- Amazon.com: Search Inside the Book: Books
* Barnes & Noble®
Books, textbooks, used books, DVDs, music, toys, home and gift.
- "family history" | Barnes & Noble®
- genealogy | Barnes & Noble®
- Genealogy & Family History, Reference, Books | Barnes & Noble®
* Bookmarket.com: John Kremer's Websites
- Top 101 Dependent Book Publishers
- Top 101 Independent Book Publishers
- Independent Bookstores Selling Kobo eReaders and eBooks | IndieBound
Discover, evaluate, order, and experience books.
Powered by Bowker's Books in Print® database.
Over three centuries of scholarly publishing.
* Cambridge University Press
Unlocking potential with the best learning and research solutions.
- From Family History to Community History | British History After 1450
* Carroll Publishing
USA federal and local government personnel directories publisher.
* DC Thomson: D.C. Thomson & Co. Ltd.
- Companies Archive
* De Gruyter Online
- Marketing / Author Services
* Emerald Insight
Global publisher linking research and practice to the benefit of society.
* Gale Cengage Learning®
Education, Learning and Research Resources Online.a
- Library Research Biography & Genealogy - eBook - Gale
- Library Research Search = genealogy - Gale
* Harvard University Press
Leading publisher of convergent works: sciences, humanities, and social sciences.
- Dumbarton Oaks Medieval Library
- Family Trees — A History of Genealogy in America
- History of Private Life
- Loeb Classical Library
- Murty Classical Library of India
- The Hustynja Chronicle
History of Kyivan Rus´ & Ukraine from biblical times until the Union of Brest in 1596.
- The I Tatti Renaissance Library
- Famous Women
First collection of biographies in Western literature devoted exclusively to women.
- Ties of Kinship — Genealogy and Dynastic Marriage in Kyivan Rus´
* Informa - (Informa PLC) Connection. Insight. Advantage.
Leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business.
- Taylor & Francis Group
Academic publishing division.
- Explore our journal portfolio at www.tandfonline.com
- The History of the Family
- Your search for All: the history of the family
- Online Products
- Routledge: Routledge
Global publisher of quality academic books,
journals, online reference and eBooks, including:
- Europa World Plus
- Free Resources
- Exploring Ancient Identity
- Identity Transformations:
A compilation of chapters from works by Anthony Elliott.
- Japanese Culture and Society
- Your Guide to the Theory and Practice of Online Teaching and Learning
- Routledge Arenas
- Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Routledge Online
Fully-searchable and cross-referenced resources.
- The Europa World of Learning
- World Who's Who
* International League of Antiquarian Booksellers
Old and rare books - ILAB-LILA.
- ABAA - Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America
Antiquarian and rare books.
* Jamalon, Arab Bookstore
Middle East largest online bookstore; Arabic and English titles.
* Kotobna: كُتبنَا : منصة النشر الشخصي الأولى في مصر والعالم العربي
First on-line self-publishing platform in Egypt and the Arab World.
* Harmathèque [Multimedia Digital Platform]
Service de prêt numérique - ebook, audio, vidéo.
Leading independent publisher of academic and nonfiction books.
- A Genealogy of the Wives of the American Presidents
and Their First Two Generations of Descent
- Papal Genealogy - The Families and Descendants of the Popes
* MIT Press: MIT Press Journals
- Browse all Disciplines & Sub-Disciplines | The MIT Press
- A Prehistory of the Cloud
- Genetics and Life Insurance - Medical Underwriting and Social Policy
Insurance companies routinely use an individual's medical history
and family medical history in determining eligibility for life insurance;
this is part of the process of medical underwriting. Insurers have also long
used genetic information, often derived from family history, in underwriting.
. . .Should the results of genetic testing (which might identify a predisposition
toward disease not related to medical history) be available to life insurance
medical underwriters? [genetic discrimination in life insurance]
- Knowledge Machines
- Population History and the Family
- Similarity in Difference - Marriage in Europe and Asia, 1700-1900
- The Early American Daguerreotype
Literatur aus Rechtswissenschaft, Sozialwissenschaften, Wirtschaft und Geschichte
- Nomos - eLibrary
- Aspects of Indian and Global History
* Oxford University Press: Academic Publishing - OUPblog - Site Index
World's largest university press; has "genealogy" & "family history" keyword results.
- Genealogy and Knowledge in Muslim Societies
* Powell's Books
Used, new, and out of print.
- Britain's Royal Families: the Complete Genealogy
Drawing on countless authorities, both ancient and modern; in one volume,
complete genealogical details of all members of the royal houses of England,
Scotland and Great Britain from 800AD to the present.
- Rare & Collectible
* ProQuest: ProQuest® - ProQuest® - Blog
Empowering researchers and librarians around the world.
- Genealogy Research Tools
- Products & Services
- HeritageQuest Online™
American genealogical sources; coverage dates: 1700 - present.
- Search Results for: "genealogy and local history"
- What's New In Genealogy (pdf)
* RELX Group
World-leading provider of information and analytics
for professional and business customers across industries.
- There’s a library for that: 5 NYC libraries with unique specialties
- Risk & Business Analytics
- Scientific, Technical & Medical
* SAGE Publications Inc: SAGE Connection – Insight
Support the dissemination of usable knowledge and educate a global community.
- Researching Life Stories and Family Histories
Used, rare and collectible books, ephemera and periodicals.
Keywords: genealogy. Total items found: Over 1000.
* Turner Publishing Company: Turner Publishing
- Search | term=ancestry
- Search | term=genealog*
* World Scientific - Connecting Great Minds
Leading independent publisher of academic and professional books and journals.
- Academic Genealogy of Mathematicians
DIGITAL DATABASES - EDUCATION PUBLICATIONS & BOOKS ONLINE: Databases
Next Age of Discovery -- WSJ.com World
* Books We Own List: Lookups
Look-Up resource for international genealogical research.
* Digital Library: List of Digital Library Projects
- 100 Extensive University Libraries
From around the world that anyone can access.
- Digital Single Market | Digital Economy & Society: Europeana Collections
- Digital Collections & Programs (Library of Congress)
- Databases: Library of Congress Electronic Resources Online Catalog
- 71 Digital Portals to State History | The Signal: Digital Preservation
- Global Gateway: Collaborative Digital Libraries
- Global Gateway: Digital Collections
- Libraries: Comprehensive International Listings
- Digital Collections Worldwide
An Annotated Directory - Books / Professional Development.
- Digital Collections Worldwide: Companion Website
- Digital Library Federation: DLF Members
- Linked Data - Connect Distributed Data across the Web
- Digital Public Library of America: Subjects
Brings together the riches of America’s libraries, archives, and museums,
and makes them freely available to the world. It strives to contain the full
breadth of human expression, from the written word, to works of art and culture,
to records of America’s heritage, to the efforts and data of science.
- Guides & General Collections
Directories, guides, portals and search engines to Digital Libraries.
- Collections by Subject (Worldwide)
- International Directories, Guides & Portals
- HathiTrust: HathiTrust Digital Library | Millions of Books Online
Digital repository for America's research libraries; bringing
together the immense collections of the member community.
- Collections: Ancestry and Genealogy
- LYRASIS®: Participants
Partners with member libraries, archives and museums
and other cultural heritage organizations to create, access
and manage information with an emphasis on digital content.
- OAIster® [OCLC - Digital Collection Services at WorldCat]
Union catalog of over 30 million records from open access resources.
- Open Content Alliance: Open Content Alliance
Permanent global digital Internet Archive: Wayback Machine
site of multilingual digitized text and multimedia material.
- Open Library (Open Library)
Hub for all the book information on the Internet.
- World Digital Library: Partners
Significant primary materials from cultures around the world,
including manuscripts, maps, rare books, musical scores, recordings, films,
prints, photographs, architectural drawings, & other significant cultural materials.
- Browse by Place
- Browse by Time
- Browse by Topic
- Arts; Fine & Decorative Arts: Music
- Computer Science, Information, General Works
- History & Geography
- Biography, Genealogy & Insignia
- Literature & Rhetoric
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Philosophy & Psychology
- Social Sciences
- Customs, Etiquette & Folklore
- Technology (Applied Sciences)
- Home & Family Management
- Browse by Type of Item
* Digitised Manuscripts Web Resources
Web resources about digitised manuscripts and digitisation developments.
* DOAB: Directory of Open Access Books
Provided by OAPEN Foundation, which is dedicated to Open Access
monograph publishing, based at the National Library in The Hague.
* E-Book: Finding E-books: A Guide
Library of Congress bibliographies, research guides and finding aids.
- 25 Sources of Free Public Domain Books
- AddALL Ebook
Meta search 30+ ebook sites with one click.
- Comparison of e-Book Readers
- Amazon Kindle: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
Free eBooks, eTexts, On-Line Books, eDocuments.
- DigitalBookIndex Information and Digital Book Index Login
eBooks with new titles being added frequently.
- eBooks - University of California Press
- Open Access - University of California Press
- UC Press E-Books Collection, 1982-2004
Books from academic presses on a range of topics,
including art, science, history, music, religion, and fiction.
Professional and academic eBooks from leading publishers.
Ebook marketing and self-publishing.
- Find PDF.net
Book search engine. Download free eBooks and PDF manuals,
read free PDF books with our online PDF viewer and share PDF
books with your friends via PDFbox. Find PDF documents like
user manuals, product guides or hard to find books.
- Free E - Book Links by HEC National Digital Library Program
High quality, peer-reviewed journals, databases, articles
and e-Books across a wide range of disciplines.
- Free PDF Search Engine
PDFGeni is a dedicated pdf search engine
for PDF ebooks, sheets, forms and documents.
- OverDrive®: eBooks, Audiobooks and Videos for Libraries
Borrow eBooks and audiobooks from your local public library.
- World Public Library: Collection Catalog
The World Public Library Association
is the world’s largest aggregator of millions of digital eBooks; online, etc.
Access to the complete holdings of the World Public Library is now open
to the general public for personal use, upon payment of an annual dues.
- eBooks | Read eBooks Online | Free eBooks
All of the eBooks are in PDF file format, and all Audio eBooks
are in MP3 file format. These formats have been specially designed
to be cross-platform compatible with all PCs, Laptops, PDAs, Kindle DX,
Kindle 3 iPad/iPods, eReaders, or Smartphones. There is never a charge
for physically disabled users, special needs users, or disaster relief /
emergency services. If you feel you, or someone you know, qualifies
for a complimentary membership, please email them
or use the Complimentary Membership Request Form.
* Electronic Text Sites
Selection of freely available Internet sites which are known
to contain digitised (and in many cases searchable) texts.
* Family History Books
Collection of more than 200,000 digitized genealogy and family history publications
from the archives of some of the most important family history libraries in the world.
* FamilySearch Wiki:Book Sources - FamilySearch Wiki
Links to catalogs of libraries, booksellers, and other book
sources where you will be able to search for the book with
* Fold3 - Historical Military Records: Fold3 Blog
Comprehensive collection of U.S. military records.
* Genealogy Book Links
Books and book links from various online sources,
such as government, Google™ Book Search, library,
Project Gutenberg, university and other digital collections.
* Genealogy - Princeton Public Library
United States and international digital collections.
* Google™ Books: Google™ Books Search - Google™ Ngram Viewer
- Inside Google™ Book Search: Google™ Books for Genealogy
- "family history" - Google™ Books
- genealogy - Google™ Books
- "local history" - Google™ Books
- surnames - Google™ Books
- YouTube™ - Google™ Book Search: Researching Your (Ancestral) Roots
Try other individual surname, location, or other relevant record source.
* Index Data: MasterKey Express for Open Access & More
Searchable indexes of public domain ebooks, open access digital repositories,
Wikipedia® articles, and miscellaneous human-cataloged Internet resources.
* Internet Archive: (About IA) Internet Archive: Wayback Machine
Worldwide databases, history, preservation: online Internet archives.
Internet library offering permanent access for researchers, historians
and scholars to historical collections that exist in digital format.
- Ebook & Text Archive
- Additional Collections
- Genealogy : Free Texts : Download & Streaming
- JSTOR Early Journal Content
- American Libraries
- Canadian Libraries
- Children's Library
- Community Texts
Free books, texts, download and streaming.
- Afrikaans Texts
- Arabic Texts
- Basque Texts
- Bulgarian Texts
- Catalan Texts
- Chinese Texts
- Croatian Texts
- Czech Texts
- Danish Texts
- Dutch Texts
- English Texts
- French Texts
- German Texts
- Greek Texts
- Hebrew Texts
- Hungarian Texts
- Indonesian Texts
- Irish Texts
- Italian Texts
- Kannada Texts
- Latin Texts
- Persian Texts
- Spanish Texts
- Swahili Texts
- Swedish Texts
- Internet Archive Lending Library
Free Books, Texts; Download and Streaming.
- Ancient & Modern Genealogies
with Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) Records
- Project Gutenberg
- Universal Library
- China-US Million Book Digital Library Project
Books from the China-US Million Book Digital Library Project.
- Million Book Project
Books from the Indian scanning centers - Universal Library Project.
- Open Educational Resources and University Lectures
- Open Library
* Links to Selected Digital Facsimile Sites
Selection of freely available Internet sites which are known
to contain digitised facsimiles of early printed materials.
- English Short Title Catalogue - Introduction
Record for every surviving copy of letterpress items printed in England
or any of its dependencies, in any language, 1473 - 1800, or printed
in English anywhere else in the world during that period.
* Online Books Page
Searchable database of books online by author,
title, general archives and other sources.
* Preserving Your Family History Records Digitally: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
* Registry of U.S. Government Publication Digitization Projects
Publications originating from the U.S. Government.
* Sites Linking or Containing Digital Books
* Web Pages for Scholarly Societies
* Wikibooks Portal: Genealogy
Free encyclopedia tool for learning and researching, that is as accurate,
comprehensive and unbiased as the contributors to the site.
- Book Creator
Create a book containing wiki pages of your choice. Export the book
in different formats (for example PDF or ODF) or order a printed copy.
- List of Wikipedias - Meta
- Portal:Contents/A–Z Index
* World Archives Project - Ancestry.com
Free historical record collections with searchable record indexes.
GENERAL PUBLISHING INFORMATION: Publishing and Bibliography
* Bibliography on the Web (archived)
- BIBSOCAN - The Internet Discussion Group on Bibliography: Related Sites
- Wikipedia:List of Bibliographies
- Category:Bibliographies for a listing of bibliographies on Wikipedia.
- Category:Bibliographies by Subject
- Bibliography of Encyclopedias
- WikiProject Bibliographies
* Book Industry Study Group, Inc.
U.S. book industry's leading trade association for
research and supply chain standards and policies.
- Trade Associations
* Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
Dictionary of descriptive terminology.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Cloud and dedicated server hosting; colocation services.
* Curiosities of Literature
Collection of anecdotes about historical persons and events, unusual books,
and the habits of book collectors, written by British scholar Isaac D'Israeli.
- Sample: Destruction of Books
* Frankfurter Buchmesse: Frankfurt Book Fair - Sitemap
Links to German and international book fairs.
- Frankfurt Book Fair - International: Book Fair Calendar
- Book Markets
* Publishers Weekly: Publishers Weekly
Book reviews, bestselling books and publishing business news.
* Reference & Bibliographies || The Book Arts Web
- Book Arts Links: Related Sites & Publications
* Subject List - Oxford Bibliographies
Exclusive, authoritative subject research guides; combining the features
of the annotated bibliography and the high-level scholarly encyclopedia.
JOURNALS: Journal: Biography and Personal - Archives
* AmericanAncestors.org - The New England Historical and Genealogical Register
- New England Historical and Genealogical Register
Journal of American genealogy and the oldest journal in the field.
* American Genealogist: The American Genealogist
* Annual Reviews
Biomedical / Life Sciences; Physical Sciences and Social Sciences.
* British Library on Demand
Search and order the latest research content direct from the British Library.
Find journal articles, books, conference papers and more.
* Continuity and Change | Cambridge Core: Cambridge Core Blog
Social structure, law and demography in past societies.
* Deaf Studies Digital Journal ::
- Mission & Vision Statements - Gallaudet University
* Digital Commons®
Leading hosted institutional repository software for universities, colleges,
law schools, and research centers; everything from faculty papers,
student scholarship, and annual reports to open-access journals,
conference proceedings, and monographs. Digital Commons repositories
are indexed in the Digital Commons Network, a free discovery tool
for full text scholarly articles used by researchers worldwide.
- Browse Online Journals Using Digital Commons | bepress
* Digital Journal
Digital media network with thousands of Digital Journalists
who report breaking news from 200 countries around the world.
* DOAJ: Directory of Open Access Journals
Free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals.
- List of Open Access Journals
* EBSCO Information Services: Magazines and Journals
* Elsevier: The History of the Family - Journal
History of The Family: An International Quarterly
- Taylor & Francis Online: The History of the Family - Journal
Published by the American Society of Genealogists.
* Genealogy Journals - Google™ Search
- Family History Journals - Google™ Search
- Genealogy Journals
United States: State and regional genealogical society journals.
- Journals: Periodicals, Quarterly, Scholarly
* How Can I Keep a Personal, Private Journal Online?
- Five Best Journaling Tools
- Free Online Journal and Diary
Write in private with Penzu.
* Internet Library of Early Journals
* Irish Genealogist: Unique Resources
* Journal of Scholarly Publishing
Genamics™ JournalSeek is the largest completely categorized database
of freely available journal information available on the Internet.
* JSTOR: Scholarly Journal Archive: Facebook® JSTOR
Cloud-based library includes content from over 1,000 publishers.
- Early Journal Content
- Register & Read
Sign up for free, read-online access to more than five million articles.
* List of Social Science Journals
- List of History Journals
- American Historical Association
- Directories | AHA: Directory of Journals
Directory of history journals.
- Historical Journals On-Line (archived)
- History Journals Index
* National Genealogical Society | Publications & Videos
- National Genealogical Society | NGS Quarterly
Journal for Today's Family Historian.
* NewJour (archived)
Provided information about and access to online journals, magazines
and newsletters from around the world, from 1993 to 2013.
* Project MUSE
Books and journals, from leading university presses and scholarly societies.
Most comprehensive, searchable collection
of full-text African electronic journals available.
* Taylor & Francis Online
Journal content platform for the Taylor & Francis Group. It provides online access
to all journals from Taylor & Francis and Routledge. A program of retrodigitization
means they have journal articles going back just over 200 years. Includes items
such as the Journal of Heritage Tourism.
- Search Results | "family history"
- Search Results | genealogy
* VoS - Voice of the Shuttle: Journals & Zines
Web site for humanities research.
MAGAZINES: Flipster | Digital Magazines - Newsstand | EBSCO
Amazon.com: Magazine Subscriptions: Genealogy & Heraldry - History: By Region
* Computers and Internet: List of Computer Magazines
- Classic Computer Magazine Archive (archived)
Full text of more than 150 individual issues from:
Creative Computing (1974-1985)
Creative Computing Video and Arcade Games (1983)
STart (1986-1991) Dedicated to the Atari ST computer
Tandy Computer Whiz Kids (1984-1991)
[German: Magazin für Familienforschung]
- Internet Genealogy
Guide to successful genealogical research using
the ever-increasing power of the World Wide Web.
UK's best-selling Internet magazine: news, product reviews,
funny websites, broadband guide and computer help.
* Genealogy: List of Genealogy Publications - Familypedia
- Ancestors (former UK family history magazine of The National Archives.)
- Ancestry Magazine Online: Google™ Books: List View
Published issues from Jan-Feb 1994 through .
- Australian Family Tree Connections
- Cyndi's List - Magazines, Journals, Columns & Newsletters
- Discover Your Ancestors (United Kingdom)
Bringing past lives to life.
- Everton's Genealogical Helper (WorldVitalRecords.com)
- Everton Pedigree & Family Group Sheets
- Family History & Genealogy: Ensign & New Era Magazines - Article Index
- Family History Monthly (British)
- Family Tree Magazine
Leading family history magazine.
- Family Tree Magazine - UK
- Genealogy In Time™
Free online genealogy magazine containing
genealogy news, articles and links.
- In-Depth Genealogist: Going In-Depth
Provides a monthly digital magazine, a monthly email newsletter
and active blog, providing articles and columns for the advancement
of all genealogists, professional or non-professional.
- Irish Genealogy Toolkit
- Irish Roots Magazine
- La revue française de Généalogie
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: Webinar Library Free
- Rotter - Finding your Swedish Roots: Publikationer
- Society of Genealogists (UK): Genealogists Magazine
- The Genealogist
- Topics in Genealogical Theory & Methods
- Who Do You Think You Are Magazine
Bringing family history to life.
- Your Family Tree - UK
Genealogy advice you can trust.
- Your Genealogy Today
Helping you discover your family tree.
* General Magazines and Information: AllYouCanRead.com
The best selection of magazines and news sites from 200 countries
- Eurozine - Headlines: Links
Europe's leading cultural magazines.
- Flipboard: Flipboard
Your personal magazine.
- Magazines - Stampington & Company
- Somerset Memories Magazine
Preserving family photos, heirlooms and memorabilia
with paper crafts, mixed media and fabric arts.
- Marriage and Families
From digital collections at BYU, a peer-reviewed
publication dedicated to strengthening families.
- Prologue Magazine | National Archives: Genealogy Notes
Stories based on the rich holdings and programs of the National Archives.
- Russian Life
History, culture, language, food, online trends, news, books, events, etc.
- Time Out • The Best Things to do in Cities Worldwide
- City Guides
Inspires and enables people to experience the best of the city.
- Trusted Media Brands - TMB (USA)
- International Brands | Trusted Media Brands
- Reiman Publications
Magazines for the family.
- American Heritage Magazine
- BBC History Magazine
Issues that matter in history.
- Biblical Archaeology Review Magazine
Bringing the ancient world to life.
- Canada's History
- Concord Review
Multinational varsity academics.
- Good Old Days® Magazine
Remembers the best.
- Historical Association: Publications
- The Historian
- History Magazine
North American perspective.
- History and Theory
Devoted to the theory and philosophy of history.
- History Hub: Discover Your History
Online magazine featuring articles on social history,
nostalgia, memories, heritage and military themes.
- History Today
Covering world history from ancient to American,
military to modern, plus book reviews.
- L'Histoire (French)
Everything that makes the news in history.
- LIFE Magazine: LIFE Photos | Classic Pictures
Google ™ Photo Archive search from 1750s to recent.
- Local History Online (UK)
Local history, with over 300 links to sites both in the UK and overseas.
- Old Magazine Articles
Old articles, essays, poetry, cartoons and photographs.
- Smithsonian Magazine
People and Places: Africa and the Middle East,
Asia Pacific, Europe and The Americas.
* HP MagCloud | Print & Digital Content Publishing
Magazine publishing within reach. Publish, sell, and distribute your best work.
* List of Magazines by Circulation
* MagPortal.com® - Magazine Article Search Engine, Directory & News Feeds
As of January 19, 2016 we are no longer adding new articles.
- EBSCO Information Services: Magazines and Journals
MARKETPLACE - GENEALOGY and FAMILY HISTORY RELATED MATERIALS:
* ABC-CLIO™ - Complete Source for History Reference
* Amazon.com: Genealogy - All Departments
- Genealogy - Reference: Books
* Ancestry.com: Ancestry.com - Ancestry.com Wiki - Site Map
Ancestry Corporate: [Permira, Spectrum Equity, Ancestry Management (pdf),
Silver Lake and GIC. Genealogy and family history products / services.]
- Ancestry Blog
Helping you discover your family history.
- Ancestry Products: Shop
Source for historical and genealogy software,
books and other items of related interest.
- Find A Grave - Millions of Cemetery Records
- Member Directory - Ancestry.com
- Message Boards
- Public Member Trees
- World Archives Project
* Archive CD Books: Australasia - Canada - Ireland - USA
Publishing of old and rare books etc. on CD ROM.
Providing the world with a sound education.
* Barnes & Noble®: Genealogy & Family History
Genealogy and family history books and reference.
Community for exchanging used books;
book swap, book exchange, book trade or barter.
* Bookstores Specializing in Genealogy - Biblio.com
* Burke’s Peerage - The Official Website
Definitive guide to the genealogical history of the major royal, aristocratic
and historical families of the United Kingdom, Ireland and the United States.
* Cyndi's List - Books
* Cyndi's List - Video & Audio: Internet Audio & Video
* Deseret Book.com: Genealogy & Family History
Books, DVDs, music, art and more for LDS families.
- GospeLink.com - Search the Deseret Book Online LDS Library
* Dummies.com®: Genealogy
Books, search tools, shopping and information.
- You searched for family history
- You searched for genealogy
* eBay®: eBay Help: A-Z Index [ALL] - Sitemap
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W-Z
Do general searches for genealogy, family history, surnames, etc.
- Antiquities - American, Egyptian, Islamic, Roman
- All Stores in Antiquarian & Collectible
- Auctions for Genealogists
- Books & Manuscripts - Used, Photo, Kids: Family History
- Computers & Tablets for Sale - New & Refurbished
- eBay Buying Guides
- Family History
- Get the Right Deal on Your Genealogy Bids
- Family History / Genealogy
- Funeral and Cemetery
- General Category List
- Everything Else: Everything Else
- Genealogy - Other Genealogy
- How-To Guides
- Maps, Atlases & Globes: Genealogy Maps
* Family Roots Publishing
Distributes & publishes genealogy guidebooks, maps, etc.
* Fun Stuff for Genealogists, Inc.: On Line Catalog
Tons of fun, useful things and great genealogy gifts
for the genealogist and family historian.
* Gale Cengage Learning - Library Research Primary Source Media™
- Primary Source Media's Online Guides [microform guides]
* Genealogical Publishing Company: Our Genealogy Blog
Specializes in quality genealogical books and other publications worldwide.
- Browse Genealogy & Family History Books & CDs in Genealogical.com Catalog
- Other Genealogy & Family History Resources - Genealogical.com
Everything for the family historian.
* Google™ Merchant Center Help
- Google™ Product Search: genealogy
* Higginson Book Company
Publishers, printers, booksellers that specialize in genealogy and history.
* List of Genealogy and Local History Acquisition Sources (pdf)
Includes publishers and bookstores.
* Margaret's Links to Genealogy Booksellers
* Medieval Published Works, Bibliographies & Indexes
- County & Local History
- Medieval Genealogical Publications
- Modern Biographical Works
- Modern Historical Works
- Peerages & Other Compilations
* military - Google™ Books
- Amazon.com: Military - History
* MyHeritage: Compilation of Published Sources
Free family tree, genealogy and family history.
* National Archives: Publications
- Alphabetical List of Publications
- Genealogy Publications | National Archives
* NewsBank: Sitemap [International and United States]
- America's Historical Imprints | Readex
Illuminate centuries of American history, literature, culture and daily life.
- America's GenealogyBank
- America's Obituaries & Death Notices
- America’s Historical Newspapers: Public Library Edition
- Local Historical Newspaper Archives
* On-Line Book Catalogs
History and genealogy book vendors.
* Public Records: BRB's Public Records Blog
Major United States federal, state and county public record research guides
& information manuals that explain how to use effectively the available databases.
- Online State Resources for Genealogy ebook
* Quintin Publications | America's Genealogy Store
* RootsLink Search Results
* What's New in Family History, Genealogy & Local History Books?
Search place or region for history and genealogy
information, in all online newspapers of the world.
* Cyndi's List - Newspapers
- Newspapers | Genwriters
- Tips for Newspaper Research for Genealogy
- Using Newspapers For Genealogical Research
* GenealogyBank™.com: Blog - Explore All
Find ancestors and family history records.
* ICON: Newspaper Digitization
International Coalition on Newspapers bibliographic
and physical access to global newspaper collections.
- International Collections By Country : A-D, E-H, I-L, M-P, Q-Z
- United States By State: A-D, E-H, I-L, M-P, Q-T, W-Z
* Keesing's World News Archive
* List of Online Newspaper Archives
Search the world's historic newspaper archives.
- Google™ News Archive Search
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- Newspaper Archives on the Web - United States
Search old newspaper articles online.
- Worldwide Non-US Newspaper Archives
* News, Media & Travel
Media - Newspapers.
* NewsBank, Inc.
Provides Web-based research products.
Interactive museum of news.
* Newspapers & Comics: List of Newspapers in the United Kingdom
Newspapers and related global materials from the British Library.
- British Newspaper Archive
Millions of scanned pages of historical newspapers available online.
- British Newspapers
- British Pathe Limited
World's first digital news archive.
- Channel Islands & Isle of Man Newspapers on the Internet
- English & Welsh Newspapers on the Internet
- London National Newspapers on the Internet
- Family History Research & British Military History, 1801-1945
- Irish Newspapers on the Internet
- Newspaper History: Online Resources
- Newspaper Libraries & Collections [Multinational]
- Newspapers Around the World on the Internet [Multinational]
- Other News-Related Publications on the Internet
- Search National UK Newspapers
- Scottish Newspapers on the Internet
* Newspapers & Publications - Ancestry.com
* Newspapers - Newspaper & News Media Guide
ABYZ News Links is a portal to online news sources from around the world.
It is primarily composed of newspapers but also includes many broadcast stations,
internet services, magazines, and press agencies. Please note that ABYZ News Links
does not contain actual news content but only links to other news sources. The main
priority is to maintain the proper functioning of the site. The second is to maintain
the integrity and accuracy of the existing content. The third is to add new content.
* Newspapers - Online Newspapers Directory
* Newspapers US and Worldwide - refdesk.com
* Old Fulton NY Post Cards
Historical Newspaper pages from the USA and Canada.
* ProQuest Historical Newspapers™
* Ulrich's Periodicals Directory: Ulrich's™ | Services | Serials Solutions
- ulrichsweb.com(TM) -- The Global Source for Periodicals
- Civil War News - USA
- Historical U. S. Newspapers Online
Provided at no cost; free.
- Newspaper & Current Periodicals
Library of Congress Reading Room: Serial & Government Publications Division.
- National Digital Newspaper Program
Partnership between the Library of Congress
and the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Newspaper Archives/Indexes/Morgues
- United States Newspaper Program
- Historic American Newspapers
Chronicling America (The Library of Congress).
PERIODICAL and MICROFORM RESOURCES: Microform
- List of 18th-Century British Periodicals
- List of 19th-Century British Periodicals
* Cyndi's List - Microfilm & Microfiche
* Family History Library Catalog (SLC, UT) Periodicals
- Catalog Search Results for Periodicals - FamilySearch.org
* Find Articles at BNET
News articles, magazine back issues and reference articles.
- genealogy | Find Articles at BNET
* Gale - Primary Source Microfilm - Scholarly Guides
* Harvard Theatrum Catalogorum: Europe
Collates library catalogs from every major European country.
In future editions, it will expand to include the Americas.
- DNB - Deutsche Nationalbibliothek: Index A - Z
- Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin: A - Z
- Zeitschriftendatenbank: ZDB OPAC - start/text
World’s largest specialized database for serial titles
(journals, annuals, newspapers etc., incl. e-journals).
* Library of Congress - USA
- Genealogical Periodicals
- Guide to the Microform Collections
Humanities and Social Sciences Division (Microform Reading Room).
* NARA - Publications - USA
Aids for genealogical research
catalog: Microfilm Catalogs.
* Periodical Source Index (PERSI): PERiodical Source Index
Largest subject index to genealogical
and historical periodical articles in the world.
- Effectively Using the Periodical Source Index
* Ulrich's Periodicals Directory
Authoritative source of bibliographic and publisher information on more
than 300,000 periodicals of all types academic and scholarly journals,
Open Access publications, peer-reviewed titles, popular magazines,
newspapers, newsletters, and more from around the world.
- Ulrich's™ | Services | Serials Solutions®
- Institutional Login: Frequently Asked Questions
Subscribers include libraries and knowledge centers
around the world and represent all types and sizes of public,
private, academic, corporate and government institutions.
PUBLISHING FOR GENEALOGISTS and RESOURCE TOOLS:
Genealogy Webmaster - Webmasters
* Alpha to Omega - The Genealogy Bookmaker
Create personalized genealogy books.
Self publish with free BookSmart™ software for Windows or Mac.
* Desktop Publishing Your Family History Book
Design, layout, printing for a family history book using desktop publishing.
* Enduring Future: Preserve Your Documents for Eternity
ForeverBook™ is embossed on heavy-gauge metal foil (2 mil or .002”).
Documents will exist long after paper has crumbled to dust.
* EPUB: EPUB - EPUB Format
International digital publishing forum, as well as the trade
and standards organization for the digital publishing industry.
- epub Books - Download Free eBooks
Can be read on any device, including Amazon Kindle, iBooks (iPad, iPhone, OSX),
Android (Bluefire), Kobo, Windows Phone, Nokia Lumia (Freda App),
Sony, Nook and many other digital devices and smartphones.
- .epub eBooks Tutorial - Introduction: What is ePub? Why should I use it?
- Part 1: Format Your Source Content
- Part 2: How to Make an ePub eBook by Hand
- Part 3: Turning Your Content into an eBook
* Family History Genealogy - Memory Book
Art Bookbindery: Empowering Writers To Self Publish™.
Connect, write, self-publish and promote your book - all in one place.
* FedEx Office®
Office print services, online printing and print documents online.
- Global FedEx® (Map)
Shipping, logistics and supply chain management.
Find FedEx® locations.
* Flip@once e-books
Flash page flip documents for on-line and off-line use.
GENerate a GENealogy BOOK from GEDCOM /PAF2.31 /PAF3.0/PAF4.0.
* Genealogy Book Publishers - ZapMeta Search Results
Meta-search engine web search created directory, based on added data
from The Open Directory Project and Product Search powered by Pricegrabber.
* Google™ Accounts
Promote your books on Google™ for free.
* Google™ Books
- self publishing genealogy family history lists - Google™ Books
Free online magazine, blog, and portfolio; unique,
two page magazine/poster fully designed by you.
Self Publishing company.
* liber.io | Make eBooks. Really simple.
Right from Google Drive™.
Self publishing - free.
* National Genealogical Society: Genealogical Standards
Guidelines for publishing web pages on the Internet.
* National Genealogical Society: Genealogical Standards
Standards for use of technology in genealogical research.
* Paper.li – Be a Publisher: paper.li - the blog
Automatically find, publish & promote engaging articles,
photos and videos from across the web.
- [Search: "family history" and Search: genealogy]
- # familyhistory Daily
- # genealogy Daily
- # history Daily
- Australian History Daily Gazette
- British GENES Daily
- Cyndi's List Daily
- GeneaBloggers Daily
- Genealogists #Genealogy Daily
- Genealogy Resources Daily
- Genealogy Today
- Lineagekeeper Daily
- Papiers et Poussières, le Journal
- Tracing Descendants Daily
* Publishing Your Genealogy On The Internet The Easy Way
Sharing information through available online services,
like the RootsWeb Surname List and WorldConnect.
* Scrapbooking - How Do I Begin To Document and File Family History?
Largest social publishing company in the world.
Publish and discover original writings and documents.
Quickly and easily turn nearly any file--including PDF,
Word, PowerPoint and Excel--into a Web document
and share it with the world.
* Self Publishing: Genealogy Book Publishing
Genealogy books printing by Bookmark self publishing.
Collection of open-content textbooks that anyone can edit.
- Genealogy - Wikibooks
Writing, editing, proofreading and marketing services.
* Xlibris Book Publishers
Print on demand online book and manuscript self publishing services.
WRITING SYSTEMS and MANUSCRIPTS (archived)
Writing and Writing System: List of Writing Systems
Social, political and religious information
about a culture at any period in its written history.
* An Introduction to the History of Graphic Design
* AncientScripts.com: Ancient Scripts: Links
* History of Language Technology
* Letter: Worldwide Postal Information
* Omniglot - a guide to writing systems
* Printing - History and Development: Time-Table (Chronological)
- American Amateur Press Association
Link sites of letterpress and printing.
- Printing Museums
- Resources for Letterpress Printers
- Virtual Museum Printing-Press
- American Printing History Association
- APHA Links and Resources (archived)
- Book History Online - Brill Bibliographies
- Book Information Website (archived)
All aspects of books, book arts, book history, letterpress printing,
fine printing, book schools, paper and papermaking, book artists,
bookbinding and bookbinders, antiquarian books, book search services,
book auctions, individual book dealers, manuscripts, pop-up books,
history of printing, and catalogues books-on-books.
- [Knops Boekrestauratie - Conservation & Restoration of Books & Paper]
- Evolution of the Medieval Book
From manuscript to print.
- Guild of Book Workers: Book Arts Links
National organization for all the book arts; links are global in scope.
- Pulp & Paper
Institute of Paper Science and Technology.
- Society for the History of Authorship, Reading & Publishing
Creation, dissemination, and reception of script and print, including
newspapers, periodicals, and ephemera. Book historians study the
social, cultural, and economic history of authorship; the history of
the book trade, copyright, censorship, and underground publishing;
the publishing histories of particular literary works, authors, editors,
imprints, and literary agents; the spread of literacy and book distribution;
canon formation and the politics of literary criticism; libraries, reading
habits and reader response.
* Writing Systems & Handwriting
& Publications: Genealogical Materials
Copyright © 1997-2016 By: V. Chris & Thomas M. Tinney, Sr.
All rights reserved. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return To: Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory - Wiki