Provides quality education and learning resources for educators,
faculty, staff, teachers, students, parents and research specialists.
|Family Genealogy and History Internet Education Directory™ - Wiki | Disability Resources | SEARCH This Site|
|Academic Genealogy||Accelerated Teacher Resources|
|Alumni & Student Directories Worldwide||Education Finances: Planning & Scholarships|
|English & Literature: Art, Dance, Music and Theater||Family History Based Education Resources|
|Foreign Languages: Translations & Translators||Heritage & Educational Tutorials|
|Libraries & Museums||MATH (Mathematics) Education|
|Online Education & Resources||Research & Learning|
|Schools - Colleges - Universities||Science, Technology & How Things Work|
|University of California: Melvyl® System||Web Pages for Scholarly Societies|
Academic Conference Alerts
Big Think: Choice Reviews Online
Digital Commons Network
Full-text scholarly articles.
Edublogs - Teacher & Student Blogs
HFRP - Harvard Family Research Project
IR Links from Association for Institutional Research
MPACT - Disciplines Represented Across All Schools: Schools - Dissertations
Pearson - Always Learning: [Project Literacy - Resources - Site Map | Learning Curve]
Professional Library Sources: Theses and Dissertations - Family History and Genealogy
Theory Development & Historical Antecedents --- Generational Family Matrix Research
The central theoretical basis of genealogy lies in the process of familial reconstitution.
Beginning with a family the investigator uses certain principles and laws (the theory) to
posit a possible source of additional relevant information. KEY Through instrumentation
(the source) and experimentation (searching it out), the researcher discovers an actual
source fitting the criteria posited. By using the theory again the investigator is able to
establish the evidence as justifying an extension to the family and pedigree. He [she]
--- is obligated to accept findings of scholars in anthropology, economics, geography,
psychology, sociology, demographics, and history. Certainly he [she] should be well
versed in some of those related disciplines. - There is [also] the search for new data,
[with] the establishment of its relevance, the creation of hypotheses, and a proper
consideration for previous research and for the findings of related disciplines.
[Thus, the conclusion is made, that -- ] Genealogical research has four facets:
(1) heuristic; (2) knowledge of area, (3) research analysis, and (4) compilation.
Bruce D. Despain: "Bruce D. Despain" - Google™ Search- Works of Wonder
Academic Globalization of "Genealogy Method"
CURRENT USE DEFINITION of: "genealogy method"
Method of investigative scholarship to establish valid
generational relationships connecting any specialty,
as used within or between all fields of knowledge.
JUSTIFICATION: Genealogy Method procedures that
discover and record connections of kinship, descent
& marriage, can also be used to establish accurate
understanding in all knowledge system properties,
using diagrams, symbols and scholarly analysis.
Academic usage of "Genealogy Method" in real time,
within fields of research, vindicates the truthfulness
of conclusions, as shown by historical comparison;
"genealogy method", or "genealogical perspective";
is a scientific method of looking to the past, by using a
"reverse" process of economic projection methodology.
(Historical, computerized data sets extrapolated back in time)
"The key technical problem in much of economic analysis is the determination
of some unknown function." "These constructions rely on Taylor's theorem, the
implicit function theorem, and bifurcation theory, and lead to the construction of
Taylor or Padé series, or other approximations of a simple form." "These methods
are called perturbation, or asymptotic methods. The basic idea of asymptotic methods
is to formulate a general problem, find a particular case which has a known solution,
and then use that particular case and its solution as a starting point for computing
approximate solutions to 'nearby' problems. These methods are widely used in
mathematical physics, particularly in quantum mechanics and general relativity
theory, with much success." . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "We take the view that in the
future such theoretical analyses will be done by computer software,
and is an interesting new avenue of computational economics."
Grounded Theory Online - Numerical Methods in Economics
GENEALOGY: Genealogy of
principles or ideas in specialized
bodies of teaching, (within dissertation or other educational supervisory relationships),
as presented in a formal pedagogy from teacher to student; showing thereby human
intellectual pedigrees of unbroken lineage succession. Genealogy, categorized
in the broader term of discipline, includes bailiwick, field, field of study, study,
subject, subject area and subject field. Academic genealogy relationships
in all education disciplines, are adjunct to the genealogy and worldwide
family history; Library of Congress classification: history auxiliary science.
* Academic discipline relationships in social network sites on the web:
- Academia: Academia by Country - Educators - Educators by Nationality
Tracing scholarly family trees, using specialized research area
feeds from blog posts, conferences, papers and people.
- Academia.edu | People who have Family History as a Research Interest
- Academia.edu | People who have - Genealogy - as a Research Interest
- Academic Family Tree
Building a single, interdisciplinary academic genealogy.
- Academic Genealogy of American Physicists
e-Print service and archive in the fields of physics, mathematics, non-linear science,
computer science, quantitative biology, quantitative finance and statistics.
- Asana · Teamwork Without Email
Modern way to work together; free for teams up to 30 members.
Improves productivity of individuals and groups, increasing
the potential output of any human effort.
Where science meets.
Free reference manager and PDF organizer.
- Nature Network
Academic genealogy and family tree.
- ResearchGate: Topics
- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Connect with researchers, make your work visible and stay current.
* "academic genealogy" Internet search results:
- "academic genealogy" - AOL®
- "academic genealogy" - Bing™
- "academic genealogy" - Exalead®
- "academic genealogy" - Google™ Blog Search
- "academic genealogy" - Google™ Books Search
- "academic genealogy" - Google™ Image Search
- "academic genealogy" - Google™ Scholar
- "academic genealogy" - Google™ Search
- "academic genealogy" - Yahoo!®
- Examples: Anne MacKaye Chapman - A Genealogy of My Professors & Informants
Software Engineering Academic Genealogy
* Education: Portal:Education - Topic Outline of Education
- List of Academic Disciplines & Sub-Disciplines
- Genealogy as an Academic Discipline
- Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory™ - Wiki
Scholarly genealogy networking by age, ancestry, breed, creation,
descent, education, engendering, epoch, era, family, formation, generation,
lineage, parentage, pedigree, period, procreation, production, profession,
progenitor, reproduction, span, stock and time frame.
On the iconography and rhetorics of an epistemological topos.
- genealogy: Definition, synonyms etc., from Answers.com®.
- Generations United® (Generation) - Intergenerational Learning Activities: FH
Our identities are forever tied to those of our families, present and past.
- Family Traditions
Aggregate of attitudes, ideas, ideals, and environment,
which a person inherits from parents and ancestors.
- Legacy Project
Multigenerational education project.
- MetaGlossary.com: Genealogy
- Keywords: Ancestor, Ancestry, Descent, Foucault, Pedigree
- Related Terms: Ahnentafel, Anagenesis, Ancestors, Ancestral, Apomorphy,
Aumakua, Blood, Bloodline, Clade, Cladistics, Cladogenesis, Cladogram,
Clan, Common Ancestor, Consanguinity, Cousin, Descendant, Descent Group,
Family, Family Tree, Ingroup, Issue, Kin, Kindred, Line Breeding, Lineage,
Matrilineal, Monophyletic, Monophyletic Group, Mrca, Offspring, Outgroup,
Paraphyletic, Patrilineal, Pedigree Chart, Polyphyletic, Phylogenetic,
Phylogenetic Tree, Phylogeny, Plesiomorphy, Purebred, Sept,
Symplesiomorphy, Synapomorphy, Tribe
- Prosopon Directory of Prosopographical Research
- Prosopographical Theory of Genealogy defined:
Comprehensive evidence based family & society studies worldwide,
using the academic "genealogy method" procedure, within a wide range
of disciplines, professions and applied, formal, natural and social sciences;
humanities, computer technology, religious studies, anthropology, languages,
business and education practices, sociology, psychology, library and depository
facilities, demography, Internet skills and databases, health sciences, geography,
economics, cultural studies, law, history and social work.
This "genealogical perspective" is a scientific method of looking to the past,
by using a "reverse" process of economic projection methodology; i.e.,
[an absent or imagined person (prior to genealogical confirmation from primary
source documentation) is figured forth -- the "face created" as the Greek suggests --
in words, as if present (after the pedigree is established according to the current
genealogical proof standard).] In other words, extrapolating trends into the past,
as a function of conditions, characteristics and data records, endogenous to
current variables in family performance. REF: NGS | Mastering Genealogical Proof
The theory of genealogy is based upon the assertion that all mankind has natural
and legal rights, as well as the word of God, concerning the origin of Man and of
record keeping. The United States Declaration of Independence states:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,
that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,
that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness, -- . . .".
"Knowledge of and definite relationship to his genealogy is ... necessary
for a child to build up his complete body image and world picture. It is
an inalienable and entitled right of every person. There is an urge, a call,
in everybody to follow and fulfill the tradition of his family, race, nation,
and the religious community into which he was born. The loss of this tradition
is a deprivation which may result in the stunting of emotional development . . . ".
- Quantifying Academic Genealogy in Library & Information Science
IMPACT Family Trees. The technique proposed in this research provides
a firm foundation in identifying, quantifying, and contextualizing mentorship
and academic genealogy within the academic community.
ALUMNI & STUDENT DIRECTORIES WORLDWIDE: Alumni Association - Alumnus
Friends, Military, Greek and K-12 to University organizations.
* ACUC: Association of College & University Clubs
Located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
* Alumni by University or College
* Classmates.com: Classmates.com
* Facebook®: Facebook®
Social directory connects people through social networks.
* Fraternities & Sororities by Country
- Cultural Interest Fraternities & Sororities
- Fraternities & Sororities in North America
Fraternity and sorority websites and directories.
- List of General Fraternities
- List of Social Fraternities & Sororities
- North-American Interfraternity Conference
* Friends_Reunited: Friends Reunited (UK & International)
* Honor Society
- ACHS: Association of College Honor Societies
- Quick Links to Member Honor Societies
* Names Database™
Find old friends and former flames.
High School reunion planning information.
- Oz Reunion - Australia's Original Internet Reunion Site
* School Records & Genealogical Resources
Archives, information data and history of education.
* Student Society: International Student Societies
EDUCATION FINANCES: PLANNING and SCHOLARSHIPS
Many universities now have family history distance learning course programs.
Students, faculty and staff usually have special access to advanced school, college or
university library research facilities and online database resources. Quality genealogy
and family history information can be sent home, to assist parents and family members.
* 4Tests.com: Select an Exam
World-wide provider of free, online practice exams.
- Test Prep Review
Free online practice tests.
* City Town Info
U.S. cities, jobs, careers and comprehensive college search.
* College & University Rankings
Includes financial aid and scholarships.
College admissions, SAT, university and college search tool.
College search, scholarships and financial aid, college recruiting,
college resources, virtual tours and discount bookstore.
* Council of Graduate Schools
* Educational Testing Service Network
Advancing quality and equity in education worldwide
by creating assessments based on rigorous research.
* FAFSA on the Web-Federal Student Aid
Providing money for college to eligible students and families.
* Financial Aid - ED.gov
U. S. Department of Education major student aid programs.
- Explore Financial Aid - Find & Pay for College - Students
- Grants & Contracts
- Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP)
* Occupational Outlook Handbook : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Comprehensive guide to college information.
* Researching Colleges & Universities Subject Guide
UTSA library information for professional development.
* The Sport Source®
College guides and planning kits to help student athletes and their families,
intelligently combine college education with playing careers.
Online tools that help students and adults prepare to take action on career
and educational plans that lead to achievable and fulfilling life goals.
FAMILY HISTORY BASED EDUCATION RESOURCES: LibGuides at: ProQuest
LibGuides Community: [Browse Institutions - Websites]
* American School of Genealogy: White Paper
Programs are international recognized by the College of Teachers in London, England
(located at the Institute of Education of the University of London) under a Royal Charter
of both Queen Victoria and Elizabeth II and an international accrediting board.
- Certificate & Post Graduate Programs
* Boston University | Center for Professional Education
- Genealogical Research Program Classroom & Online
- Online Certificate in Genealogical Research
* Brigham Young University - Idaho: Family History Research
- AAS in Family History Research
- Family History Research Certificate
* Center for Family History & Genealogy at Brigham Young University
- BYU Conferences & Workshops
Conference on family history and genealogy.
- BYU Family History Library | HBLL
Education: family history / genealogy resources.
* Cyndi's List - Education (Genealogical)
* Documentation & Publications: Professional Genealogical Sources
* ed2go Online Course: Participating Schools
Genealogy Basics will help you understand the genealogy research process
and the way we interpret the information we find. This course guides you
through the search process for family names using several subscription-based
Web sites, which you can access while you're enrolled in the class. You'll develop
a strategy to accomplish your objectives, evaluate the results, and share information.
* Family Research Studies: Genealogy
Monterey Peninsula College Certificate of Achievement & Associate in Science Degree
* Flinders University: Applied History & Heritage Studies
* Genealogical Institute on Federal Records – Gen-Fed (USA)
* Heritage Gene@logy College
* Local & Regional History at ICE - U of Cambridge Institute of Continuing Education
* Local History Link (Britain): Courses at Selected Institutions of Higher Education
* MIT OpenCourseWare | Special Programs | SP.240 Composing Your Life
Exploration of self through visual arts and writing.
* Mlitt in Family and Local History (University of Dundee)
* National Institute for Genealogical Studies
* ProQuest - Genealogy Research Tools: ProQuest Search for Genealogy
* Salt Lake Community College | Genealogy | Continuing Education
* Samford University: Institute of Genealogy & Historical Research
* U College Dublin (Ireland) Adult Education Centre - Certificate in Genealogy / FH
* University of BC (Canada): School of Library, Archival & Information Studies
Genealogy for Librarians: prepare students to provide library services to genealogists.
* University of East Anglia: Part-Time Study
* University of Leicester: Postgraduate Study - School of Historical Studies
The topics encompass issues such as family history in the later Middle Ages;
genealogy and antiquarianism in the 18th century; identity, `roots', and family /
demographic sources; occupational cultures and family economies in the past;
childhood, adoption and fostering; autobiography and family history;
the middle-class family and its structures in the 19th and 20th centuries;
clerical and aristocratic dynasties; and family history from the records of
businesses, professions and universities. An important feature of the course
is that it also covers international family history and its global elements,
for example with lectures and classes on 'colonial' families; the American family
and changes affecting it, with its child and gender roles; 19th and 20th century
Jewish family history; Asian immigration and family history, and other topics
connected to British, ethnic identities and family diasporas,
relating to migration, emigration or immigration.
- Centre for English Local History
- Dissertations: Link To Local History Websites
* University of Oxford: Department for Continuing Education
- Undergraduate Advanced Diploma in Local History
- Undergraduate Diploma in English Local History
* University of Strathclyde - Center for Lifelong Learning
- Genealogical Studies Postgraduate Programme
* UW Professional & Continuing Education
- Certificate in Genealogy & Family History
* Wallace State Community College (Alabama - USA): Family & Regional History - Genealogy
* WVU Extended Learning: Continuing & Professional Education
HERITAGE & EDUCATIONAL TUTORIALS: Sources & Experts
* 123 Genealogy
* Adventures in Genealogy Education
Companion web site to the PBS family history and genealogy TV series.
* Course Outlines and Summaries
Utah Valley Technology & Genealogy Group
classes on a variety of technology related topics.
- Don Snow's Family History Class Notes
- Gerhard Ruf's Class Outlines
* Cyndi's List - How To: Tutorials & Guides
- Genealogy Blog
- Read Her Columns (archive)
- Expo Video Classes and accompanying Research Guides
* Family Tree University
* FFHS - Research Tips - First Steps in Family History Research
* Foreign Languages: Translations & Translators
* Genealogical Speakers Guild
Planning your next conference, all-day seminar,
or yearly lecture schedule?
* Genealogy Classroom
* Genealogy: Family Trees
Teachnet.com: mapping out a family tree.
* Genealogy in the Classroom
* Genealogy Learning Center
* Genealogy.com: Genealogy Classes
Learn about research techniques used by successful genealogists.
* Heritage Preservation
- Cyndi's List - Preservation & Conservation
* Learning Center | FamilySearch.org: Classes and Webinars Genealogy
Areas, countries and places. Includes skill levels, subjects covered, format,
languages used, research tracks, most popular courses and new courses.
- America, Europe
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- England, Ireland, Isle of Man, Scotland and Wales
- England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales
- England, Wales
- England, Wales, Ireland, United States, Australia
- Mexico, Puerto Rico
- New Zealand
- Poland, Germany
- South Africa
- Spain, Latin America
- Spain, Latin America, Mexico
- Spain, Latin America, Mexico, Argentina
- Spain, Latin America, Mexico, United States
- United Kingdom
- United States
* LESSON PLANET®: Genealogy Lesson Plans Reviewed by Teachers
Lesson plans and worksheets for school teachers.
* MeritBadgeDotOrg: Genealogy
Genealogy merit badge for Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, and Venturers.
Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts can earn the Cub Scout Heritages belt loop and pin.
Family History Education - My Place In History.
* National Genealogical Society: Educational Courses
- American Genealogy: Home Study Course (pdf)
- Genealogical Standards & Guidelines
* ProGen Study Group
* Road Scholar (formerly Elderhostel)
Educational travel and learning vacations for adults.
- Family History Search
- Genealogy Search
* RootsWeb Guide to Tracing Family Trees
- Index by Subjects
- Numerical Index to Guides
Search results for "family history".
ONLINE EDUCATION and RESOURCES: Computer - Internet - Software Support
Distance Education - E-Learning - History of Distance Learning
* Academic Info
Online degree programs, subject guides and resources.
* BBC Learning
* California Virtual Campus
* Canvas Network
Get better, get smarter, get credits; some classes free and others for a fee.
* Class Central: Free online course aka MOOC aggregator from top universities:
Stanford, MIT, Harvard, etc.; offered via Coursera, Udacity, edX, NovoED, and Others.
- Coursera: High quality courses from universities around the world: Global Partners.
- edX: Includes MITx | edX , HarvardX | edX, UC BerkeleyX | edX, UTx | edX.
Colleges and universities that comprise the Schools | edX consortium.
- MITx | edX: MIT courses for free to a worldwide virtual community of learners.
- NovoEd: Take online courses from top Universities and educational institutions.
- Open Yale Courses
- Udacity: Free classes, great instructors, inspiring community,
university-level education, high quality, low cost and global student body.
* Degree.net Central
* Distance Education.org: Online Accreditation Guidebook
Degrees, programs, online colleges - universities: accredited online degree programs.
Everything related to distance education and e-learning.
* Education Atlas®
Online map to education, online degrees and distance learning.
* Education Online Search
Career education, college, school and university information.
Helps students who are interested in studying abroad,
to find information about education alternatives worldwide.
Free Education on the Internet.
* GoAbroad.com: Study Abroad with CEA
Sources for study abroad, language schools, overseas internships,
international volunteer positions, teach abroad, jobs abroad,
United States universities and Eco-Travel around the world.
* Institute of International Education
* International Council for Open & Distance Education: Resources & Useful Links
Serves as the global umbrella membership organization in online,
flexible and blended learning, including e-learning and distance education.
- Commonwealth of Learning
- Open & Distance Learning Professional Associations
* Khan Academy: Khan Academy
- Browse - Exercise Dashboard
Learn almost anything--for free.
- YouTube™ - Khan Academy's Channel
* Libraries & Museums: EBSCOhost Online Resources for Schools
* Open Archives Initiative Service Providers
- BASE - Bielefeld Academic Search Engine: Advanced Search
Voluminous search engine for academic open access web resources.
- Free Online Courses | Benefits of Online Education
- OER Commons
Teaching and learning network, with materials that are free
and open to use, from K-12 lesson plans to college courseware.
- Open Education Consortium: Members
Global network for Open Education.
- Courses | OpenCourseWare Consortium
Search engine finds free university courses online.
Linked OpenCourseWare data faceted search.
- MIT OpenCourseWare | Free Online Course Materials
* Open Culture
Cultural, educational media for the worldwide lifelong learning community.
Provides a comprehensive free guide, which includes free audio books,
free online courses, free movies, free language lessons,
free ebooks and other enriching content.
- Intelligent Video
Top cultural and educational video sites.
- Family History
- Amy Tan: The Sources of Creativity
Locates the source of her own creativity, especially when writing,
in her family history and big existential questions.
- Great Stories from Everyday People
- List of Educational Video Websites
- Academic Earth: Universities
Video lectures from the world's top scholars.
- Free Education Online - UCB
* Open Syllabus Project
Mapping the college curriculum across one million + syllabi.
* Open University: The Open University
Distance learning courses and adult education.
- Family History Club: Useful Information
- History & The Arts: Picturing the Family
- Library Services: Library Resources
- Postgraduate Courses & Degrees
- Research at The Open University: A to Z | Research at the OU
- Undergraduate Degrees, Diplomas, Certificates & Courses
* p2pu: Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU)
Learning for everyone, by everyone, about almost anything.
Online community of open study groups for short university-level courses.
- P2PU (beta) | Learn
Compiled list of the best online learning centers.
Free online courses built by professors.
* TEAMS Distance Learning
Learning opportunities to K-8 students, teachers and parents across the U.S.,
through nationally televised satellite broadcasts and the Internet.
Compare new and used textbooks and textbook buyback prices.
- Apple - Education - iBooks Textbooks for iPad
- Books: Dealers - Publishers - Distributors: Specific
- Chegg® - Textbook Rentals
Raise your GPA with a free Chegg® Study Trial.
- Digital Textbook Playbook | FCC.gov
- Direct Textbooks
Next generation of interactive textbooks.
- Flat_World Knowledge
Online Textbooks, eTextbooks.
- Free Textbooks Internet Library
- Open Textbooks
Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources.
- PickTextBook.com - Pick a Book You Need
Comparison of latest and previous editions of textbooks;
price comparison of various printed and digital formats;
selection between new and used books.
- Symtext: White Paper
- Used Books Online Search - Second Hand Books
Free, accurate worldwide used books search and price comparison.
Online courses; some classes free and others for a fee; anytime, anywhere.
* Virtual High School Collaborative™
Quality course design, online education standards and pedagogy,
student assessment, teacher professional development, and teacher certification.
- Liberty University Online Academy
Virtual online high school courses and classes.
* Web Based Resources
Educational gateway to electronic journals and selected websites,
that support on-campus and distance learning.
Community for the creation and use of free learning materials and activities.
- Wikiversity:Browse - Wikiversity
- Foreign Languages
- Information Technology
- Physical Education
- Other School Subjects
Online degree programs and course information.
* Zunia.org: Groups
Knowledge exchange from online communities of practice on critical development topics.
↑ upΛ DISABILITY RESOURCES
DISABILITIES - GENERAL:
List of Disabilities from
World Association of Persons with Disabilities: Search Disability Organizations
Beacon of knowledge and refuge for the world's largest minority.
*AUCD: Links To Related Resources - Resources
USA Association of University Centers on Disabilities.
* BBC - My Web My Way
Advice and help to all those people who would benefit from making changes
to their browser, operating system, or computer to be able to view all of the web
in a more accessible way.
* Disability History Association: Links
International non-profit organization that promotes the study of disabilities.
* Disability Resources
"It is our opportunity and our responsibility to follow the example of Jesus
in loving our neighbors, and that includes those with disabilities."
-- The First Presidency (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)
* Disability Resources on the Internet
Newsletter monitors, reviews and reports resources for independent living.
Connecting the disability community to information and opportunities.
Educational resources for Special Needs.
Global applied disability research and information network, that brings together
research centers, universities, enterprises, government departments, trade unions,
and organizations of and for persons with disabilities. Our common goal is to advance
competitive employment and training opportunities for persons with disabilities.
* IPL2 Disability Search
* List of Disability Rights Organizations
* Military OneSource
Comprehensive information on every aspect of United States military life at no cost
to active duty, National Guard, and Reserve Component members, and their families.
- Education Directory for Children With Special Needs
* Misunderstood Minds
Material to become more informed about learning disabilities and differences.
* Mobility International USA - www.miusa.org
Empowering people with disabilities around the world to achieve their
human rights through international exchange and international development.
* National Library Service (USA): Blind & Physically Handicapped
Materials for qualified users, offered through NLS cooperating libraries.
* SocioSite: Sociology of Disability
* Special Needs Family Friendly Fun
Comprehensive resource for people with disabilities, their families and friends.
* WAI Resources on Introducing Web Accessibility
Make the web accessible to people with disabilities.
- WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind: Resources - WAVE Web Accessibility Tool
DISABILITES - LEARNING:
Learning Disability - Special Education
* Disability, Literacy, & Inclusive Education for Young Children
Citizenship for all in the Early Childhood Literate Community.
* Instant Access Treasure Chest
Foreign language teacher's guide to learning disabilities.
* Kids Together
Laws and resources to create inclusion.
* LD Online
Interactive guide to learning disabilities.
- Individualized Education Program - IEPs
* SERI - Special Educational Resources on the Internet
Information on physical and mental disabilities, the gifted and talented.
EYESIGHT and VISUALLY IMPAIRED:
* Accessible Search -- Accessibility at Google™
Accessible web search for the visually impaired.
* American Foundation for the Blind: Braille - Braille Bug
Accessible books for individuals with print disabilities.
* Gutenberg: The Audio Books Project
Makes audio eBooks available for literature now available in plain text.
Acoustical liberation of books in the public domain. Volunteers working
goal is to make all public domain books available as free audio books.
HEARING IMPAIRED: Deaf Culture
Deaf American biograhies through the early 20th century.
* DeafConnect - World Deaf Directory
* History Through Deaf Eyes
* List of Sign Languages
- American Sign Language
- American Sign Language Browser
Instructions and pictures for sign language.
- American Sign Language (ASL)
* Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
United States listings with worldwide connections.
* WFD | World Federation of the Deaf: Links
Associate, individual and ordinary members.
"Good, Better, Best.
Never Let It Rest,
Until The Good Is Better,
And The Better Is Best."
Academic Education Learning Resources:
Copyright © 1997-2017 By: V. Chris & Thomas M. Tinney, Sr.
All rights reserved. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who's Who in America, Millennium Edition [54th] - 2004
Who's Who In Genealogy and Heraldry, [both editions]
Return To: Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory™ - Wiki