Provides quality education and learning resources for educators,
faculty, staff, teachers, students, parents and research specialists.
|Family Genealogy and History Internet Education Directory - Wiki | Disability Resources | SEARCH This Site|
|Academic Genealogy||Accelerated Teacher Resources|
|Alumni & Student Directories Worldwide||Education Finances: Planning & Scholarships|
|English & Literature: Art, Dance, Music and Theater||Family History Based Education Resources|
|Foreign Languages: Translations & Translators||Heritage & Educational Tutorials|
|Libraries & Museums||MATH (Mathematics) Education|
|Online Education & Resources||Research & Learning|
|Schools - Colleges - Universities||Science, Technology & How Things Work|
|University of California: Melvyl® System||Web Pages for Scholarly Societies|
Academic Conference Alerts
Big Think: Choice Reviews Online
Edublogs - Teacher & Student Blogs
HFRP - Harvard Family Research Project
Internet Resources for Institutional Research
Listing of Higher Education Agencies, Institutes & Resources
MPACT - Disciplines Represented Across All Schools: Schools - Dissertations
Professional Library Sources: Theses & Dissertations - Family History & Genealogy
Academic Globalization of "Genealogy Method" -- CURRENT USE DEFINITION of "genealogy method":
Method of investigative scholarship to establish valid generational relationships connecting any specialty,
as used within or between all fields of knowledge. JUSTIFICATION: Genealogy Method procedures that
discover and record connections of kinship, descent and marriage, can also be used to establish accurate
understanding, for related knowledge system properties, using diagrams, symbols and scholarly analysis.
An academic usage of "Genealogy Method" in real time, within fields of research, vindicates truthfulness of
conclusions, as shown by historical comparison. The "genealogy method", or "genealogical perspective":
scientific method of looking to the past, by using a "reverse" process of economic projection methodology.
GENEALOGY: Genealogy of
principles or ideas in specialized
bodies of teaching, (within dissertation or other educational supervisory relationships),
as presented in a formal pedagogy from teacher to student; showing thereby human
intellectual pedigrees of unbroken lineage succession. Genealogy, categorized
in the broader term of discipline, includes bailiwick, field, field of study, study,
subject, subject area and subject field. Academic genealogy relationships
in all education disciplines, are adjunct to the genealogy and worldwide
family history; Library of Congress classification: history auxiliary science.
* Academic discipline relationships in social network sites on the web:
Tracing scholarly family trees, using specialized research area
feeds from blog posts, conferences, papers and people.
- Academia.edu | People who have Family History as a Research Interest
- Academia.edu | People who have - Genealogy - as a Research Interest
- Academic Genealogy of American Physicists
e-Print service and archive in the fields of physics, mathematics, non-linear science,
computer science, quantitative biology, quantitative finance and statistics.
- Asana - Task Management for Teams
Modern way to work together, that is free for teams, up to 30 members. It improves the
productivity of individuals and groups, increasing the potential output of any human effort.
Where science meets.
Free reference manager and PDF organizer.
- Nature Network
- ResearchGate: Research Blog - Topics
Connect with researchers, make your work visible and stay current.
* "academic genealogy" Internet search results:
- "academic genealogy" - AOL®
- "academic genealogy" - Bing™
- "academic genealogy" - Exalead®
- "academic genealogy" - Google™ Blog Search
- "academic genealogy" - Google™ Books Search
- "academic genealogy" - Google™ Image Search
- "academic genealogy" - Google™ Scholar
- "academic genealogy" - Google™ Search
- "academic genealogy" - Yahoo!®
- Examples: Anne MacKaye Chapman - A Genealogy of My Professors & Informants
Software Engineering Academic Genealogy
* Education: Portal:Education - Topic Outline of Education
- List of Academic Disciplines
- Genealogy as an Academic Discipline
- Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory - Wiki
Scholarly genealogy networking by age, ancestry, breed, creation,
descent, education, engendering, epoch, era, family, formation,
generation, lineage, parentage, pedigree, period, procreation, production,
profession, progenitor, reproduction, span, stock and time frame.
On the iconography and rhetorics of an epistemological topos.
- genealogy: Definition, synonyms etc., from Answers.com®.
- Intergenerational Initiative: Generation
Our identities are forever tied to those of our families, present and past.
- Family and Family Traditions
Family culture is the aggregate of attitudes, ideas and ideals, and environment,
which a person inherits from his/her parents and ancestors.
- Legacy Project
Multigenerational education project.
- MetaGlossary.com: Genealogy
Keywords: Ancestor - Ancestry - Descent - Foucault - Pedigree
Related Terms: Ahnentafel - Anagenesis - Ancestor - Ancestors
Ancestral - Ancestry - Apomorphy - Aumakua - Blood - Bloodline
Clade - Cladistics - Cladogenesis - Cladogram - Clan - Common Ancestor
Consanguinity - Cousin - Descendant - Descent Group - Family - Family Tree
Ingroup - Issue - Kin - Kindred - Line Breeding - Lineage - Matrilineal
Monophyletic - Monophyletic Group - Mrca - Offspring - Outgroup
Paraphyletic - Patrilineal - Pedigree - Pedigree Chart - Phylogenetic
Phylogenetic Tree - Phylogeny - Plesiomorphy - Polyphyletic - Purebred
Sept - Symplesiomorphy - Synapomorphy - Tribe
- Prosopon Directory of Prosopographical Research
- Prosopographical Theory of Genealogy defined:
Comprehensive evidence based family & society studies worldwide,
using academic "genealogy method" procedure, within a wide
range of disciplines, professions and applied, formal, natural
and social sciences; humanities, computer technology, religious
studies, anthropology, languages, business and education practices,
sociology, psychology, library and depository facilities, demography,
Internet skills and databases, health sciences, geography,
economics, cultural studies, law, history and social work.
This "genealogical perspective" is a scientific
method of looking to the past, by using a "reverse"
process of economic projection methodology; i.e.,
[an absent or imagined person (prior to genealogical
confirmation from primary source documentation) is
figured forth -- the "face created" as the Greek suggests
-- in words, as if present (after the pedigree is established
according to the current genealogical proof standard).]
In other words, extrapolating trends into the past, as a
function of conditions, characteristics and data records,
endogenous to current variables in family performance.
The theory of genealogy is based upon the assertion that
all mankind has natural and legal rights, as well as the word
of God, concerning the origin of Man and record keeping.
The United States Declaration of Independence states: "We
hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created
equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain
unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty
and the pursuit of Happiness, -- . . .".
"Knowledge of and definite relationship to his
genealogy is ... necessary for a child to build
up his complete body image and world picture.
It is an inalienable and entitled right of every
person. There is an urge, a call, in everybody
to follow and fulfill the tradition of his family,
race, nation, and the religious community into
which he was born. The loss of this tradition
is a deprivation which may result in the stunting
of emotional development . . . ".
- Quantifying Academic Genealogy in Library & Information Science
IMPACT Family Trees. The technique proposed in this research
provides a firm foundation in identifying, quantifying, and
contextualizing mentorship and academic genealogy
within the academic community.
ALUMNI & STUDENT DIRECTORIES WORLDWIDE: Alumni Association
Friends, Military, Greek and K-12 to University organizations.
* ACUC: Association of College & University Clubs
Located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
* Alumni by University or College
* Classmates.com: Memory Lane™
Step back in time; previously Classmates®.com.
* Facebook®: Facebook®
Online directory that connects people through social
networks at colleges, universities, high schools, etc.
* Fraternities & Sororities
- Cultural Interest Fraternities & Sororities
Fraternity and sorority
websites and directories.
- List of General Fraternities
- List of Social Fraternities & Sororities
- North-American Interfraternity Conference
* Friends_Reunited: Friends Reunited (UK & International)
* Honor Society
- ACHS: Association of College Honor Societies
- Quick Links to Member Honor Societies
* Names Database™
Find old friends and former flames.
High School reunion planning information.
Classmates and alumni directory.
* School Records & Genealogical Resources
Archives, information data and history of education.
* Student Society
EDUCATION FINANCES: PLANNING and SCHOLARSHIPS
Many universities now have family history distance learning
course programs. Students, faculty and staff usually have
special access to advanced school, college or university
library research facilities and online database resources.
Quality genealogy and family history information can be
sent home, to assist supporting parents and family members.
* 4Tests.com: Select an Exam
World-wide provider of free, online practice exams.
- Test Prep Review
Free online practice tests.
* City Town Info
U.S. cities, jobs, careers and comprehensive college search.
* College & University Rankings
Includes financial aid and scholarships.
College admissions, SAT, university and college search tool.
College search, scholarships and financial
aid, college recruiting, college resources,
virtual tours and discount bookstore.
* Council of Graduate Schools
Improve and advance graduate education in order
to ensure the vitality of intellectual discovery.
* Educational Testing Service Network
Advancing quality and equity in education worldwide
by creating assessments based on rigorous research.
* FAFSA on the Web-Federal Student Aid
Providing money for college to eligible students and families.
* Financial Aid - ED.gov
U. S. Department of Education major student aid programs.
- Explore Financial Aid - Find & Pay for College - Students
- Grants & Contracts
- Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP)
* Occupational Outlook Handbook (USA)
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Comprehensive guide to college information.
* Researching Colleges & Universities Subject Guide
UTSA library information for professional development.
* The Sport Source®
College guides and planning kits to help student
athletes and their families, intelligently combine
college education with playing careers.
Online tools that help students and adults prepare
to take action on career and educational plans
that lead to achievable and fulfilling life goals.
FAMILY HISTORY BASED EDUCATION RESOURCES:
* Boston University | Center for Professional Education
- Genealogical Research Program Classroom & Online
- Online Certificate in Genealogical Research
* Center for Family History & Genealogy at Brigham Young University
- Academic Information
- BYU Conferences & Workshops
Conference on family history and genealogy.
- BYU Family History Library
Education: family history / genealogy resources.
- BYU Independent Study - Free Online Courses
Family history, family life and religious scripture courses.
* Cyndi's List - Education (Genealogical)
* Documentation & Publications: Professional Genealogical Sources
* ed2go Online Course: Participating Schools
Genealogy Basics will help you understand the genealogy research
process and the way we interpret the information we find. This course
guides you through the search process for family names using several
subscription-based Web sites, which you can access while you're enrolled
in the class. You'll develop a strategy to accomplish your objectives,
evaluate the results, and share that information with others.
* Family Research Studies: Genealogy
Certificate of Achievement and Associate in Science Degree,
from Monterey Peninsula College, California.
* Flinders University: Applied History & Heritage Studies
* Heritage Gene@logy College and Salt Lake Community College - CE - Genealogy
* Local History Link (Britain): Courses at Selected Institutions of Higher Education
* MIT OpenCourseWare | Special Programs | SP.240 Composing Your Life
Exploration of self through visual arts and writing.
* National Institute for Genealogical Studies
* National Institute on Genealogical Research (USA)
* ProQuest - Genealogy Research Tools: ProQuest Search for Genealogy
* Samford University: Institute of Genealogy & Historical Research
* University College Dublin (Ireland) Adult Education Centre - Certificate in Genealogy
* University of BC (Canada): School of Library, Archival & Information Studies
Genealogy for Librarians: prepare students to provide library services to genealogists.
University of Cambridge Institute of Continuing Education: Local & Family History
* University of East Anglia: Part-Time Study
* University of Leicester: Postgraduate Study — School of Historical Studies
The topics encompass issues such as family history in the later Middle Ages;
genealogy and antiquarianism in the 18th century; identity, `roots', and family/
demographic sources; occupational cultures and family economies in the past;
childhood, adoption and fostering; autobiography and family history; the middle-
class family and its structures in the 19th and 20th centuries; clerical and aristocratic
dynasties; and family history from the records of businesses, professions and
universities. An important feature of the course is that it also covers international
family history and its global elements, for example with lectures and classes on
'colonial' families; the American family and changes affecting it, with its child
and gender roles; 19th and 20th century Jewish family history; Asian immigration
and family history, and other topics connected to British and ethnic identities and
family diasporas, relating to migration, emigration or immigration.
- Centre for English Local History: MA in English Local History
Most comprehensive of its kind in England.
- Dissertations: Link To Local History Websites
* University of Oxford: Department for Continuing Education
- Undergraduate Advanced Diploma in Local History
- Undergraduate Diploma in English Local History
* University of Strathclyde - Center for Lifelong Learning
- Genealogical Studies Postgraduate Programme
* UW Professional & Continuing Education
- Certificate in Genealogy & Family History
* Wallace State (Alabama USA): Genealogy
* Web-Based Teacher and Genealogical Research on the Web
Kovacs Consulting: Internet and Web Training.
* WVU Extended Learning: Personal Enrichment
HERITAGE & EDUCATIONAL TUTORIALS: Sources & Experts
* 123 Genealogy
* Adventures in Genealogy Education
Companion web site to the PBS
family history and genealogy TV series.
* Boy Scout Genealogy Merit Badge and Merit Badges
* CFHG: Guides & Tutorials (BYU)
* Course Outlines and Summaries
Utah Valley Technology and Genealogy Group offers
classes on a variety of technology related topics.
- Don's Classes (Don Snow)
- Gerhard Ruf's Class Outlines
* Cyndi's List - How To: Tutorials & Guides
- Genealogy Blog
- Read Her Columns (archive)
* Education & Training in Family History Research
* Education: Free Online Lessons
* Family Tree University
* FFHS - Research Tips - First Steps in Family History Research
* Foreign Languages: Translations & Translators
* Genealogical Speakers Guild
Planning your next conference, all-day
seminar, or yearly lecture schedule?
* Genealogy Classroom
* Genealogy: Family Trees
Teachnet.com: mapping out a family tree.
* Genealogy in the Classroom
* Genealogy Learning Center
* Genealogy.com: Genealogy Classes
Learn about research techniques
used by successful genealogists.
* Heritage Preservation
- Cyndi's List - Preservation & Conservation
* Learning Center | FamilySearch.org
Areas, countries and places. Includes skill levels,
subjects covered, format, languages used, research
tracks, most popular courses and new courses.
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
* LESSON PLANET®
Genealogy lesson plans reviewed by teachers.
Family History Education - My Place In History.
* N2 Genealogy
Learn about your history (United States).
Find your ancestors through historical records.
* National Genealogical Society: Educational Courses
- American Genealogy: Home Study Course (pdf)
- Genealogical Standards & Guidelines
* Road Scholar (formerly Elderhostel)
Educational travel and learning vacations for adults.
- Family History Search
- Genealogy Search
* RootsWeb Guide to Tracing Family Trees
- Index by Subjects
- Numerical Index to Guides
Search results for "family history".
* WebQuest.Org: My Family Tree
ONLINE EDUCATION and RESOURCES: Distance Education - Electronic Learning
* 4 International Colleges & Universities - Study Abroad
* Academic Info
Online degree programs, subject guides and resources.
* BBC Learning
* California Virtual Campus
* Class Central
Complete list of free online courses offered by Stanford's Coursera,
MIT and Harvard led edX (MITx + Harvardx), and Udacity.
* Computer - Internet - Software Support
Offers high quality courses from the top universities, for free to everyone.
Currently host courses from Princeton University, Stanford University,
University of California, Berkeley, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
and University of Pennsylvania. Changing the face of education globally.
* Cultural Experiences Abroad and GoAbroad.com.
On-line sources for study abroad, language
schools, overseas internships, international
volunteer positions, teach abroad, jobs abroad,
US universities and Eco-Travel around the world.
* Degree.net Central
* Distance Education.org
Degrees, programs, online colleges - universities
and accredited online degree programs.
Everything related to distance
education and e-learning.
* Education Atlas®
Online map to education, online
degrees and distance learning.
* Education Online Search
Career education, college,
school and university information.
Helps students who are interested
in studying abroad, to find information
about education alternatives worldwide.
Joint partnership between The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
and Harvard University to offer online learning to millions of people around
the world. EdX will offer Harvard and MIT classes online for free. Through
this partnership, the institutions aim to extend their collective reach to build
a global community of online learners and to improve education for everyone.
Free Education on the Internet.
* Institute of International Education
* International Council for Open & Distance Education: Resources & Useful Links
Serves as the global umbrella membership
organization in online, flexible and blended
learning, including e-learning and distance education.
- Commonwealth of Learning
- Open & Distance Learning Professional Associations
* Khan Academy: Khan Academy
- Browse - Exercise Dashboard
Learn almost anything--for free.
- YouTube™ - Khan Academy's Channel
MITx will offer a portfolio of MIT courses for free to
a virtual community of learners around the world.
MITx, which offers online versions of MIT courses,
will be a core offering of edX, as will Harvardx,
a set of course offerings from Harvard.
* Oerwiki: Open Educational Resources
Teaching and learning materials that are freely
available online for everyone to use, whether
you are an instructor, student, or self-learner.
- BASE - Bielefeld Academic Search Engine: Advanced Search
BASE is one of the world's most voluminous search engines
especially for academic open access web resources.
- Useful Resources/Repositories
Collaboration of more than 100 higher education
institutions and associated organizations from
around the world creating a broad and deep
body of open educational content, to advance
education and empower people worldwide.
- OER Commons
Teaching and learning network, with
materials that are free and open to use,
from K-12 lesson plans to college courseware.
- OpenCourseWare Consortium
- Find OpenCourseWare with OCW Search
Search engine finds free university courses online.
- OCW Consortium - Members
- Free Online Course Materials
- OCW Websites
* Open Culture
Brings together high-quality cultural and educational
media for the worldwide lifelong learning community.
Comprehensive, free guide, includes free audio books,
free online courses, free movies, free language lessons,
free ebooks and other enriching content.
- Intelligent Video
Top cultural and educational video sites.
- Family History
- Amy Tan: The Sources of Creativity
Locates the source of her own creativity, especially when
writing, in her family history and big existential questions.
- Great Stories from Everyday People
- List of Educational Video Websites
- Academic Earth: Universities
Video lectures from the world's top scholars.
- Free Education Online - UCB
- UC Berkeley on Google™ Video
* Open University: The Open University
Distance learning courses and adult education.
- A to Z Undergraduate & Postgraduate Subjects
- Arts & Humanities: Picturing the Family
- BBC/OU Open2.net
Online Open University and BBC learning portal.
- Family History Club: Useful Information
- Library & Learning Resources Centre
- Research Centres & Faculties - Research
- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- ROUTES: Resources for Open University Teachers & Students
* Open Yale Courses
Learning for everyone, by everyone, about almost anything.
Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU) is an online community
of open study groups for short university-level courses.
- P2PU (beta) | Learn
Compiled list of the best online learning centers.
We could all use a little education.
* School-Libraries.Net and Libraries & Museums
* Schools - Colleges - Universities
Students, faculty, staff, alumni and guests, search for
the advanced genealogy and family history resources.
* TEAMS Distance Learning
Learning opportunities to K-8 students, teachers and
parents across the United States through nationally
televised satellite broadcasts and the Internet.
Compare new and used textbooks and textbook buyback prices.
- Apple - Education - iBooks Textbooks for iPad
- Books: Dealers - Publishers - Distributors: Specific
- Digital Textbook Playbook | FCC.gov
- Direct Textbooks
Next generation of interactive textbooks.
- Flat World Knowledge
College textbooks: read free online.
- Free Textbooks Internet Library
- Symtext: White Paper
Free classes, great instructors, inspiring community, university-
level education, high quality, low cost and global student body.
* UK University Distance Learning: RDI Worldwide
MBA courses, online study and degrees from RDI.
* Virtual High School
Quality course design, online education standards
and pedagogy, student assessment, teacher
professional development, and teacher certification.
- Liberty Online Academy
Virtual online High School courses and classes.
* Web Based Resources
Educational gateway to electronic journals and selected
websites, that support on-campus and distance learning.
Community for the creation and use
of free learning materials and activities.
- Wikiversity:Browse - Wikiversity
- Foreign Languages
- Information Technology
- Physical Education
- Other School Subjects
Online degree programs and course information.
* Zunia.org: Groups
Knowledge exchange from online communities
of practice on critical development topics.
"Imagine going to work and not being able to do your job. Now imagine that you can't leave your job.
Imagine having to do that every day. This is what life is like for children with learning disabilities."
-- Dr. David Urion, Director, Neurology and Learning Disabilities Program, Children's Hospital, Boston
DISABILITIES - GENERAL:
List of Disabilities from
World Association of Persons with Disabilities: Search Disability Organizations
Beacon of knowledge and refuge for the world's largest minority.
*AUCD: Links To Related Resources - Resources
USA Association of University Centers on Disabilities.
* BBC - My Web My Way
Advice and help to all those people who would benefit from
making changes to their browser, operating system, or computer
to be able to view all of the web in a more accessible way.
* Disability History Association: Links
International non-profit organization
that promotes the study of disabilities.
* Disability Resources
"It is our opportunity and our responsibility to follow
the example of Jesus in loving our neighbors, and that
includes those with disabilities." —The First Presidency
LDS (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
* Disability Resources on the Internet
Newsletter monitors, reviews and reports
resources for independent living.
Connecting the disability community
to information and opportunities.
Global applied disability research and information
network, that brings together research centers, universities,
enterprises, government departments, trade unions, and
organizations of and for persons with disabilities. Our
common goal is to advance competitive employment
and training opportunities for persons with disabilities.
* IPL2 Disability Search
* List of Disability Rights Organizations
* Misunderstood Minds
Material to become more informed
about learning disabilities and differences.
* Mobility International USA - www.miusa.org
Empowering people with disabilities around
the world to achieve their human rights through
international exchange and international development.
* National Library Service (USA): Blind & Physically Handicapped
Materials for qualified users of the National Library
Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
program offered through NLS cooperating libraries.
* SocioSite: Sociology of Disability
* Special Needs Family Friendly Fun
Comprehensive online resource for people
with disabilities, their families and friends.
* WAI Resources on Introducing Web Accessibility
Strategies, guidelines and resources to make
the web accessible to people with disabilities.
DISABILITES - LEARNING:
Learning Disability - Special Education
* Disability, Literacy, & Inclusive Education for Young Children
Citizenship for all in the Early Childhood Literate Community.
* Instant Access Treasure Chest
Foreign language teacher's
guide to learning disabilities.
* Kids Together
Laws and resources
to create inclusion.
* LD Online
Interactive guide to learning disabilities.
- Individualized Education Program - IEPs
* SERI - Special Educational Resources on the Internet
Information on physical and mental
disabilities, the gifted and talented.
EYESIGHT and VISUALLY IMPAIRED:
* Accessible Search -- Accessibility at Google™
Accessible web search for the visually impaired.
* American Foundation for the Blind: Braille - Braille Bug
Accessible books for individuals
with print disabilities.
* Gutenberg: The Audio Books Project
Makes audio eBooks available for some
great literature now available in plain text.
Acoustical liberation of books in the public domain.
Volunteers working goal is to make all public domain
books available as free audio books.
* Read This To Me
Free reading service for the blind.
HEARING IMPAIRED: Deaf Culture
Biographical information about deaf
Americans through the early 20th century.
* DeafConnect - World Deaf Directory
* History Through Deaf Eyes
* List of Sign Languages
- American Sign Language
- American Sign Language Browser
Instructions and pictures for sign language.
- American Sign Language (ASL)
* Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
United States listings with worldwide connections.
* WFD | World Federation of the Deaf: Links
Associate, individual and ordinary members.
"Good, Better, Best.
Never Let It Rest,
Until The Good Is Better,
And The Better Is Best."
Academic Education Learning Resources:
Copyright © 1997-2013 By: V. Chris & Thomas M. Tinney, Sr.
All rights reserved. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who's Who in America, Millennium Edition [54th] - 2004
Who's Who In Genealogy and Heraldry, [both editions]
Return To: Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory - Wiki