Provides quality education and learning resources for educators,
faculty, staff, teachers, students, parents and research specialists.
|Family Genealogy and History Internet Education Directory™ - Wiki | Disability Resources | SEARCH This Site|
|Academic Genealogy||Accelerated Teacher Resources|
|Alumni & Student Directories Worldwide||Education Finances: Planning & Scholarships|
|English & Literature: Art, Dance, Music and Theater||Family History Based Education Resources|
|Foreign Languages: Translations & Translators||Heritage & Educational Tutorials|
|Libraries & Museums||MATH (Mathematics) Education|
|Online Education & Resources||Research & Learning|
|Schools - Colleges - Universities||Science, Technology & How Things Work|
|University of California: Melvyl® System||Web Pages for Scholarly Societies|
Academic Conference Alerts
Big Think: Choice Reviews Online
Define genealogy | AskDefine
Digital Commons Network™
Full-text scholarly articles.
Edublogs – Blogs For Education
Global Family Research Project™
International Journal of Educational Studies
IR Links (archived) Association for Institutional Research
MPACT - Disciplines Represented Across All Schools: Schools - Dissertations
OSP Galaxy: Most frequently-assigned college course texts in Open Syllabus corpus.
Pearson - World's Learning Company: [Innovation - Resources - Site Map - Websites]
Professional Library Sources: Theses and Dissertations - Family History and Genealogy
Theory Development & Historical Antecedents --- Generational Family Matrix Research
The central theoretical basis of genealogy lies in the process of familial reconstitution.
Beginning with a family the investigator uses certain principles and laws (the theory) to
posit a possible source of additional relevant information. KEY Through instrumentation
(the source) and experimentation (searching it out), the researcher discovers an actual
source fitting the criteria posited. By using the theory again the investigator is able to
establish the evidence as justifying an extension to the family and pedigree. He [she]
--- is obligated to accept findings of scholars in anthropology, economics, geography,
psychology, sociology, demographics, and history. Certainly he [she] should be well
versed in some of those related disciplines. - There is [also] the search for new data,
[with] the establishment of its relevance, the creation of hypotheses, and a proper
consideration for previous research and for the findings of related disciplines.
[Thus, the conclusion is made, that -- ] Genealogical research has four facets:
(1) heuristic; (2) knowledge of area, (3) research analysis, and (4) compilation.
Bruce D. Despain: "Bruce D. Despain" - Google™ Search>>> Works of Wonder
Overview of Research on Genealogy - Open Knowledge Maps Visual Interface
Using Genealogy to Link Experiential Learning and Academic Integrity
Academic Globalization of "Genealogy Method"
CURRENT USE DEFINITION of: "genealogy method"
Method of investigative scholarship to establish valid
generational relationships connecting any specialty,
as used within or between all fields of knowledge.
JUSTIFICATION: Genealogy Method procedures that
discover and record connections of kinship, descent
& marriage, can also be used to establish accurate
understanding in all knowledge system properties,
using diagrams, symbols and scholarly analysis.
Academic usage of "Genealogy Method" in real time,
within fields of research, vindicates the truthfulness
of conclusions, as shown by historical comparison;
("genealogy method", or "genealogical perspective")
is a scientific method of looking to the past, by using a
"reverse" process of economic projection methodology
(historical, computerized data sets extrapolated back in time).
"The key technical problem in much of economic analysis is the determination
of some unknown function." "These constructions rely on Taylor's theorem, the
implicit function theorem, and bifurcation theory, and lead to the construction of
Taylor or Padé series, or other approximations of a simple form." "These methods
are called perturbation, or asymptotic methods. The basic idea of asymptotic methods
is to formulate a general problem, find a particular case which has a known solution,
and then use that particular case and its solution as a starting point for computing
approximate solutions to 'nearby' problems. These methods are widely used in
mathematical physics, particularly in quantum mechanics and general relativity
theory, with much success." . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "We take the view that in the
future such theoretical analyses will be done by computer software,
and is an interesting new avenue of computational economics."
Grounded Theory Online - Numerical Methods in Economics
ThoughtCo.com is the World's Largest Education Resource
GENEALOGY: Genealogy of
principles or ideas in specialized
bodies of teaching, (within dissertation or other educational supervisory relationships),
as presented in a formal pedagogy from teacher to student; showing thereby human
intellectual pedigrees of unbroken lineage succession. Genealogy, categorized
in the broader term of discipline, includes bailiwick, field, field of study, study,
subject, subject area and subject field. Academic genealogy relationships
in all education disciplines, are adjunct to the genealogy and worldwide
family history; Library of Congress classification: history auxiliary science.
* About: Academic Genealogy (DBpedia)
Academic discipline relationships in social network sites on the web.
Tracing scholarly family trees, using specialized research area
feeds from blog posts, conferences, papers and people.
- Academia.edu | People who have Family History as a Research Interest
- Academia.edu | People who have - Genealogy - as a Research Interest
- Academic Family Tree: Neurotree - Search results - "tinney"
Building a single, interdisciplinary academic genealogy.
- Academic Genealogy of American Physicists
- Academy: Academia by Country - Educators by Nationality - Notable Educators
- arXiv.org e-Print archive
e-Print service and archive in the fields of physics, mathematics, non-linear science,
computer science, quantitative biology, quantitative finance and statistics.
- Asana · Teamwork Without Email
Modern way to work together; free for teams up to 30 members.
Improves productivity of individuals and groups, increasing
the potential output of any human effort.
- Chemical Genealogy: Other Links
- Genealogic Origins of Nurse-Midwifery Education Programs in the United States
- Introducing AstroGen: Astronomy Genealogy Project
Free reference manager and PDF organizer.
- ResearchGate: Questions in Topics
- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Share and discover research.
- Search By Area of Interest or Publication Title
- Scientific families: Dynasty : Nature News & Comment
- SciGraph | For Researchers | Research Publisher
Linked Open Data offering which aggregates data sources
from Springer Nature and key partners from the scholarly domain.
* "academic genealogy" Internet search results:
- "academic genealogy" - AOL®
- "academic genealogy" - Bing™
- "academic genealogy" - Exalead®
- "academic genealogy" - Google™ Books Search
- "academic genealogy" - Google™ Image Search
- "academic genealogy" - Google™ Scholar
- "academic genealogy" - Google™ Search
- "academic genealogy" - Yahoo!®
- Examples: Anne MacKaye Chapman - A Genealogy of My Professors & Informants
Software Engineering Academic Genealogy
* Education: Portal:Education - Topic Outline of Education
- Outline of Academic Disciplines
- Genealogy as an Academic Discipline: About: Genealogy
- Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory™ - Wiki
Scholarly genealogy networking by age, ancestry, breed, creation,
descent, education, engendering, epoch, era, family, formation, generation,
lineage, parentage, pedigree, period, procreation, production, profession,
progenitor, reproduction, span, stock and time frame.
On the iconography and rhetorics of an epistemological topos.
- genealogy: Definition, synonyms etc., from Answers.com®.
- Generations United® (Generation) - Intergenerational Learning Activities: FH
- Ancestry Corporate
Our identities are forever tied to those of our families, present and past.
- Camp Wonderopolis
- Family Traditions
Aggregate of attitudes, ideas, ideals, and environment,
which a person inherits from parents and ancestors.
- Legacy Project
Multigenerational education project.
- Smithsonian's History Explorer
- MetaGlossary.com: Genealogy
- Keywords: Ancestor, Ancestry, Descent, "Family History", Pedigree
- Related Terms: Ahnentafel, Anagenesis, Ancestors, Ancestral, Apomorphy,
Aumakua, Blood, Bloodline, Clade, Cladistics, Cladogenesis, Cladogram,
Clan, Common Ancestor, Consanguinity, Cousin, Descendant, Descent Group,
Family, Family Tree, Ingroup, Issue, Kin, Kindred, Line Breeding, Lineage,
Matrilineal, Monophyletic, Monophyletic Group, Mrca, Offspring, Outgroup,
Paraphyletic, Patrilineal, Pedigree Chart, Polyphyletic, Phylogenetic,
Phylogenetic Tree, Phylogeny, Plesiomorphy, Purebred, Sept,
Symplesiomorphy, Synapomorphy, Tribe
- Prosopography Portal: Prosopography | DiRT Directory - Web Links
- Prosopographical Theory of Genealogy defined [Prosopography (pdf)]:
Comprehensive evidence based Family & Society Studies Worldwide,
using the academic "genealogy method" procedure, within a wide range
of disciplines, professions and applied, formal, natural and social sciences;
humanities, computer technology, religious studies, anthropology, languages,
business and education practices, sociology, psychology, library and depository
facilities, demography, Internet skills and databases, health sciences, geography,
economics, cultural studies, law, history and social work.
This "genealogical perspective" is a scientific method of looking to the past,
by using a "reverse" process of economic projection methodology; i.e.,
[an absent or imagined person (prior to genealogical confirmation from primary
source documentation) is figured forth -- the "face created" as the Greek suggests --
in words, as if present (after the pedigree is established according to the current
genealogical proof standard).] In other words, extrapolating trends into the past,
as a function of conditions, characteristics and data records, endogenous to
current variables in family performance. REF: NGS | Mastering Genealogical Proof
The theory of genealogy is based upon the assertion that all mankind has natural
and legal rights, as well as the word of God, concerning the Origin of Man and of
record keeping. The United States Declaration of Independence states:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,
that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,
that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness, -- . . .".
"Knowledge of and definite relationship to his genealogy is ... necessary
for a child to build up his complete body image and world picture. It is
an inalienable and entitled right of every person. There is an urge, a call,
in everybody to follow and fulfill the tradition of his family, race, nation,
and the religious community into which he was born. The loss of this tradition
is a deprivation which may result in the stunting of emotional development . . . ".
- Quantifying Academic Genealogy in Library & Information Science
IMPACT Family Trees. The technique proposed in this research provides
a firm foundation in identifying, quantifying, and contextualizing mentorship
and academic genealogy within the academic community.
ALUMNI & STUDENT DIRECTORIES WORLDWIDE: Alumni Association - Alumnus
Friends, Military, Greek and K-12 to University organizations.
* ACUC: Association of College & University Clubs
Located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
* Alumni by University or College
School, company, or organization. * Classmates.com: Classmates.com®
* Facebook®: Facebook®
Social directory connects people through social networks.
* Fraternities and Sororities: Fraternity
- Corporation (University)
- Cultural Interest Fraternities & Sororities
- Fraternities & Sororities by Country
- Fraternities and Sororities - in North America
Fraternity and sorority websites and directories.
- List of General Fraternities
- List of Social Fraternities & Sororities
- North-American Interfraternity Conference
* Honor Society
- ACHS: Association of College Honor Societies®
- Quick Links to Member Honor Societies
* National Association of Reunion Managers
Voice of the reunion industry.
- Oz Reunion - Australia's Original Internet Reunion Site
* School Records & Genealogical Resources
Archives, information data and history of education.
* Student Society: International Student Societies
Organising Bureau of European School Student Unions.
International student-driven organization
for sustainability in economics and management.
EDUCATION FINANCES: PLANNING and SCHOLARSHIPS
Many universities now have family history distance learning course programs.
Students, faculty and staff usually have special access to advanced school, college or
university library research facilities and online database resources. Quality genealogy
and family history information can be sent home, to assist parents and family members.
* 4Tests.com: Select a Category
World-wide provider of free, online practice exams.
- Test Prep Review
Free online practice tests.
* City Town Info
U.S. cities, jobs, careers and comprehensive college search.
* College and University Rankings
- Ranking Resources: Academic Ranking of World Universities
* College Board
College admissions, SAT, university and college search tool.
College search, scholarships and financial aid, college recruiting,
college resources, virtual tours and discount bookstore.
* Council of Graduate Schools: Current CGS Members
Advancement of graduate education and research.
* Educational Testing Service Network
Advancing quality and equity in education worldwide
by creating assessments based on rigorous research.
* FAFSA® on the Web - Federal Student Aid (USA)
Providing money for college to eligible students and families.
* Financial Aid - ED.gov
U. S. Department of Education major student aid programs.
- Explore Financial Aid - Find & Pay for College - Students
- Grants & Contracts
- Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP)
* Occupational Outlook Handbook: : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
* Peterson's - The Real Guide to Colleges and Universities
Comprehensive guide to college information.
* Researching Colleges / Universities - College and University Information
Library Guides at Penn State University.
* The Sport Source®
College guides and planning kits to help student athletes and their families,
intelligently combine college education with playing careers.
Online tools that help students and adults prepare to take action on career
and educational plans that lead to achievable and fulfilling life goals.
FAMILY HISTORY BASED EDUCATION RESOURCES: LibGuides at: ProQuest
LibGuides Community: [Browse Institutions - Websites]
* Aberystwyth University - Genealogy (Wales)
* Boston University | Center for Professional Education
- Genealogical Research Program Classroom & Online
- Programs in Genealogical Research | Boston University
Online certificate in genealogical research.
* Brigham Young University - Idaho: Research Guides
- Family History Research AAS
- Family History Research - Certificate
* California Virtual Campus: genealogy - CVC Distance Education Catalog
* Center for Family History and Genealogy - Brigham Young University
- BYU Family History Library | HBLL: Online Webinars
- Family History Portal
- BYU Family History Library | HBLL
Education: family history / genealogy resources.
* Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood
* Composing Your Life: Exploration of Self through Visual Arts and Writing
Experimental Study Group | MIT OpenCourseWare.
* Courses: Graduate: School of Informatics and Computing: Indiana University
Z623 Genealogy and Local History
* Cyndi's List - Education (Genealogical)
- Correspondence, Independent, and Home Study Courses
- Institutes, Campuses and Onsite Classrooms
- Online Courses & Webinars
* Documentation & Publications: Professional Genealogical Sources
* Family & Local History : CAIS : University of Dundee
Centre for Archive and Information Studies.
- Family and Local History MLitt (Postgraduate) : Study : University of Dundee
* Genealogical Institute on Federal Records – Gen-Fed (USA)
* Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (USA)
Providing in-depth exploration of genealogical topics.
* Genealogy | Temple University
* Genealogy| | University College Cork (Ireland)
Heritage Genealogical College.
* Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR)
* Introduction to Family History
College of Arts, Law and Education - University of Tasmania, Australia.
* Learn About Family History and Genealogy - Society of Genealogists
* Local & Regional History at ICE - U of Cambridge Institute of Continuing Education
* Local, Family and Applied History - University of New England (UNE)
* Local History Online: Local History Courses Guide
- Links to Genealogy Websites
* Monterey Peninsula College : Online Certificate in Family Research Studies
* National Institute for Genealogical Studies: Courses - Links
Provides web-based courses for both family historians and professional genealogists.
* Online Classes and Career Training | Certification Prep | ed2go: Find a School
Genealogy Basics | Online Class will help you understand the genealogy research
process and the way we interpret the information we find. This course guides you
through the search process for family names using several subscription-based
Web sites, which you can access while you're enrolled in the class. You'll develop
a strategy to accomplish your objectives, evaluate the results, and share information.
* Online Genealogy and Family History Courses - FamilyTreeUniversity.com
* Pharos Tutors - Genealogy Courses Online
* ProQuest - Genealogy Research Tools: ProQuest - Search for Genealogy
* Salt Lake Community College | Genealogy | Continuing Education
* San Jose State Universityy iSchool | Search Our Site For Genealogy
- Colleen Greene Faculty Profile
* University of British Columbia (Canada)
School of Library, Archival & Information Studies - Genealogy for Librarians;
to prepare students to provide library services to genealogists.
* University of East Anglia: Paston Footprints 600 Project To Uncover Family’s Secrets
* University of Leicester: Postgraduate Study - School of History
- Centre for English Local History
- DPhil in English Local History
* University of Oxford: Department for Continuing Education
- Biblical Perspectives on History, Memory & Cultural Identity
- Undergraduate Advanced Diploma in Local History (Online)
- Undergraduate Diploma in English Local History
* University of Strathclyde - Centre for Lifelong Learning
- Genealogical, Palaeographic & Heraldic Studies
* University of Washington Professional & Continuing Education
- Certificate in Genealogy & Family History
* Utah Genealogical Association - Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy
* Wallace State Community College (Alabama - USA): Genealogy
HERITAGE & EDUCATIONAL TUTORIALS: Sources & Experts
* Adventures in Genealogy Education
* Ancestors - BYUtv
Companion web site to the PBS family history and genealogy TV series.
* Ancestry Academy
* Course Outlines and Summaries
Utah Valley Technology & Genealogy Group
classes on a variety of technology related topics.
- Don Snow's Family History Class Notes
- Gerhard Ruf's Class Outlines
* Cyndi's List - How To: Tutorials & Guides
* DearMYRTLE, your friend in genealogy.
- DearMYRTLE hangouts HOME
- DearMYRTLE - YouTube
- DearMYRTLE's Genealogy Blog
- Read Her Columns (archive)
* Education Opportunities Genealogy: Classes and Webinars Genealogy
Areas, countries and places. Includes skill levels, subjects covered, format,
languages used, research tracks, most popular courses and new courses.
* Family History Researcher Academy
- Find Your Ancestors Course
- Expo Video Classes and accompanying Research Guides
* FFHS - Research Tips - First Steps in Family History Research
* Flinders University (Australia)
Archaeology and Heritage Management.
* Foreign Languages: Translations & Translators
* Genealogical Speakers Guild
Planning your next conference, all-day seminar,
or yearly lecture schedule?
* Genealogy Classes - Genealogy.com
* Genealogy Classroom
* Genealogy: Family Trees
Teachnet.com: mapping out a family tree.
* Genealogy in the Classroom
* Genealogy.com: Genforum & Family History Search
- Family Research How-To Articles.
- Genealogy Classes
Learn about research techniques used by successful genealogists.
* Legacy Family Tree Webinars
* LESSON PLANET®: Genealogy Lesson Plans Reviewed by Teachers
Lesson plans and worksheets for school teachers.
* MeritBadgeDotOrg: Genealogy
Genealogy merit badge for Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, and Venturing.
Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts can earn the Cub Scout Heritages belt loop and pin.
* National Genealogical Society Learning Center
- American Genealogical Studies (AGS)
- NGS Guidelines - National Genealogical Society
* Preservation and Historic Buildings
- Cyndi's List - Preservation & Conservation
* ProGen Study Group
Encourage professional and aspiring genealogists to put into practice the principles
found in Professional Genealogy: A Manual for Researchers, Writers, Editors,
Lecturers and Librarians, edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills. This program employs
an innovative method of collaborative learning focused on developing genealogical
writing skills and business practices.
* Road Scholar®
Educational travel and learning vacations for adults.
- Family History Search
- Genealogy Search
* RootsWeb Guide to Tracing Family Trees
- Index by Subjects
- Numerical Index to Guides
* Thinkfinity: Link to Basic Lesson Search Engine
Search results for "family history" and genealogy.
* Virtual Institute of Genealogical Research
Offers courses on a wide variety of genealogical subjects, providing vigorous
year-round education for the genealogical community using a virtual platform.
* Webinars - Archives Media Player
UK - The National Archives interactive, online seminars,
designed to support and develop research skills.
* WebQuest Creator - BookWidgets
Inquiry-oriented online tool for learning. It’s a lesson in which most of the information
that students explore comes from the internet. Students go on an online quest
and explore and analyze new information that is given via the world wide web.
ONLINE EDUCATION and RESOURCES: Computer - Internet - Software Support
Distance Education - Educational Technology - History of Distance Learning - MOOC
* Academic Info
Online degree programs, subject guides and resources.
Free online courses from top colleges.
Free online courses from the world’s leading experts.
* BBC Learning: BBC - iPlayer Radio - Categories - Learning
* California Virtual Campus: Resources
* Canvas Network
Get better, get smarter, get credits; some classes free and others for a fee.
* Class Central: Free online course aka MOOC aggregator from top universities:
Stanford, MIT, Harvard, etc.; offered via Coursera, Udacity, edX, NovoEd, & Providers.
- Coursera: High quality courses from universities around the world: Partners.
- edX: Includes MITx, HarvardX, UC BerkeleyX, and UTSystemX.
Colleges and universities that comprise the Schools and Partners consortium.
- Genealogy - free online courses / MOOC search results | Class Central
- MITx: MIT courses for free to a worldwide virtual community of learners.
Take online courses from top Universities and educational institutions.
- Open Yale Courses
- Stanford | Online
- Udacity: Free classes, great instructors, inspiring community,
university-level education, high quality, low cost and global student body.
Find Online Courses and MOOCs from Top Platforms.
* Coorsy : Explore - Search Online Courses
Leading-edge learning management platform that enables mid-to-large size
enterprises to efficiently share knowledge among employees and partners.
* Degree.net Central
* Directory of Vendors of Online Learning Products and Services | teachonline.ca
Worldwide searchable directory of 2,400+ vendors, with adds, updates and deletions.
* Distance Education.org: Online Accreditation Guidebook
Degrees, programs, online colleges - universities: accredited online degree programs.
Everything related to distance education and e-learning.
Arab world MOOC platform to give courses in English about the region and its history.
* Education and Academic Resources on the Internet (pdf)
* Education Online Search
Career education, college, school and university information.
Helps students who are interested in studying abroad,
to find information about education alternatives worldwide.
Free Education on the Internet.
* GoAbroad.com: Study Abroad with CEA™
Sources for study abroad, language schools, overseas internships,
international volunteer positions, teach abroad, jobs abroad,
United States universities and Eco-Travel around the world.
* Institute of International Education: The Power of International Education
* International Council for Open & Distance Education: Projects and Resources
Serves as the global umbrella membership organization in online,
flexible and blended learning, including e-learning and distance education.
- Commonwealth of Learning
- Member Countries | COL
- Resources | COL
- Resources Overview — ICDE
* Khan Academy: Khan Academy
Free online courses, lessons and practice.
- Khan Academy - YouTube™
* Libraries and Museums: Reference Shelf for The Genealogist and Family Historian
- Schools | Research Databases, Journals, eBooks, Magazines | EBSCO
* Lynda®: Online Courses, Classes, Training, Tutorials
Lynda.com®; from Linkedin.
* Nasjonal digital læringsarena (Norwegian Digital Learning Arena)
Open educational resources for secondary schools.
* National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning: NPTEL
Joint initiative of the IITs and IISc; funded by the Government of India.
* OER Africa
Established by the South African Institute for Distance Education (Saide).
* Online Arts and Technology Courses | Kadenze
* Online Courses - Open Universities Australia
* Open Archives Initiative Service Providers
- BASE - Bielefeld Academic Search Engine: Advanced Search
Voluminous search engine for academic open access web resources.
- Free Online Courses | Benefits of Online Education (archived)
- OER Commons
Teaching and learning network, with materials that are free
and open to use, from K-12 lesson plans to college courseware.
- Open Education Consortium: Members
Global network for Open Education.
- Courses | OpenCourseWare Consortium
Search engine finds free university courses online.
Linked OpenCourseWare data faceted search.
- Lumen's Catalog Page | Pressbooks
- MIT OpenCourseWare | Free Online Course Materials
- Open Course Library
* Open Culture: 1,500 Free Online Courses from Top Universities
Cultural, educational media for the worldwide lifelong learning community.
Provides a comprehensive free guide, which includes free audio books,
free online courses, free movies, free language lessons,
free ebooks and other enriching content.
- Intelligent Video
Top cultural and educational video sites.
- Family History
- Amy Tan: The Sources of Creativity
Locates the source of her own creativity, especially when writing,
in her family history and big existential questions.
- Great Stories from Everyday People
- List of Educational Video Websites
- Academic Earth®: Universities
Video lectures from the world's top scholars.
- Free Education Online - UCB
* Open Education Europa
Europe’s community for innovative education.
* Open Educational Resources (OER) Sources by Virtual Private Library
Comprehensive listing of OER sources and sites on the Internet.
* Open Syllabus Project
Mapping the college curriculum across one million + syllabi.
* Open University: The Open University
Distance learning courses and adult education.
- Free Online Courses - FutureLearn
- History & The Arts: Picturing the Family
- Library Services: Library Resources
- Publicly Available - OU Search for "Family History"
- Publicly Available - OU Search for Genealogy
- Research at The Open University: A to Z | Research at the OU
Fully-online degree programs and free courses.
MOOCs - start to enjoy learning now.
Teach and learn online for free.
* P2PU: Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU)
Learning for everyone, by everyone, about almost anything.
Online community of open study groups for short university-level courses.
- P2PU | Learn
* POLHN - Pacific Open Learning Health Net
Compiled list of the best online learning centers.
Free online courses built by professors.
* Shaw Academy
Largest live online educator in the world. Professional Certification Program.
* Textbook: Rebus Guide to Publishing Open Textbooks (So Far)
Compare new and used textbooks and textbook buyback prices.
- Apple - Education - iBooks Textbooks for iPad
- Books: Dealers - Publishers - Distributors: Specific
- Chegg® - Textbook Rentals
Raise your GPA with a free Chegg® Study Trial.
- Digital Textbook Playbook | Federal Communications Commission
- Direct Textbook
Textbooks: Buy used or rent, with bookstore price comparison.
- Flat_World Knowledge
Online Textbooks, eTextbooks.
- Free Textbooks Internet Library
- IEEE-SA - Industry Connections
Industry connections actionable data book (ADB).
- An Open Perspective on Interactive Textbooks | EDUCAUSE
- Here Comes the Next Generation of E-Textbooks and E-Readers
- Open Textbooks
Community college consortium for open educational resources.
- PickTextBook.com - Pick a Book You Need
Comparison of latest and previous editions of textbooks;
price comparison of various printed and digital formats;
selection between new and used books.
- Used Books Online Search - Second Hand Books
Free, accurate worldwide used books search and price comparison.
* Top Universities | Video Search Site
Digital Library portal contains the metadata
of the YouTube™ Channels of the world's Top Universities.
Online courses; some classes free and others for a fee; anytime, anywhere.
* Virtual High School Collaborative™
Quality course design, online education standards and pedagogy,
student assessment, teacher professional development, and teacher certification.
- Liberty University Online Academy
Virtual online high school courses and classes.
Community for the creation and use of free learning materials and activities.
- Teaching and Learning Online - Wikiversity
Online education and accredited degree programs.
#disabilities hashtag on Twitter
[#disability hashtag on Twitter]
Disabilities - YouTube™ - Filtered by Upload Date
[Disability - YouTube™ - Filtered by Upload Date]
Google™ Accessibility Help: How Can We Help You?
National Center on Disability and Journalism: Experts List
Retail Savings Guide for People with Disabilities - CouponChief.com
DISABILITIES - GENERAL:
List of Disabilities from
International Disability Alliance: IDA Members
* Abilities: Got Disability Resources?
Resource for the disability community.
- Abilities Expo
Nation's leading event for people with disabilities,
their families, caregivers and healthcare professionals.
Working with disabled children and young children in Africa.
* ADD International
Part of the global disability movement.
* AIFO Italy
Italian Association "Amici di Raoul Follereau".
* AUCD: Links To Related Resources - Resources
USA Association of University Centers on Disabilities.
* CBM International
Working towards a disability inclusive world.
* Danske Handicaporganisationer | DH International
* Disability History Association: Digital Resources - Disability History Museum
International non-profit organization that promotes the study of disabilities.
* Disability Partnership Finland
The world belongs to everyone.
* Disability Resources: Disability Specialist
"It is our opportunity and our responsibility to follow the example of Jesus
in loving our neighbors, and that includes those with disabilities."
-- The First Presidency (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)
Connecting the disability community to information and opportunities.
* Disabled World: Disability News and Information
- Disability Medical and Health Category List
Provides thousands of free pages with social skills and behavioral regulation
activities and guidance, learning songs and games, communication cards,
academic material, and transition guides for employment and life skills.
* Dutch Coalition on Disability and Development (DCDD)
- Zorghulpmiddelen, verzekeringen en veel meer info voor gehandicapten.
* EU-CORD Network
Working for organisations that address poverty, inequality and social exclusion,
together with local groups and churches across the world.
Global applied disability research and information network, that brings together
research centers, universities, enterprises, government departments, trade unions,
and organizations of and for persons with disabilities. Our common goal is to advance
competitive employment and training opportunities for persons with disabilities.
* Handicap International
International organisation specialised in the field of disability.
* HelpAge International: External links | Resources
Helping older people live full and secure lives.
* International Federation of Anti-Leprosy Associations: Members
- Leprosy Information Services | Infolep
Access to leprosy information resources and services.
* IFES - International Foundation for Electoral Systems
Supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections.
* International | Leonard Cheshire Disability
More than one billion people with disabilities, 15% of the world’s population,
make up one of the most disadvantaged and marginalised groups within society.
They are routinely denied their most basic human rights -- cut off from education,
employment and healthcare. Many live in extreme poverty.
* Japanese Society for Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities
* Light for the World
Inclusion of persons with disabilities in all facets of society.
* List of Disability Rights Organizations
* Military OneSource
Comprehensive information on every aspect of United States military life at no cost
to active duty, National Guard, and Reserve Component members, and their families.
- Education Directory for Children With Special Needs
* Misunderstood Minds
Material to become more informed about learning disabilities and differences.
- PBS Search Results for Disability: ABLE - The Disability Chronicles
Sorted by Airdate.
* Mobility International USA
Empowering people with disabilities around the world to achieve their
human rights through international exchange and international development.
Freedom through mobility.
* MyRight (Sweden)
Empowers people with disabilities.
* National Library Service (USA): Blind & Physically Handicapped
Materials for qualified users, offered through NLS cooperating libraries.
* Norges Handikapforbund
Norwegian Association of Disabled (NAD).
* Not Dead Yet | The Resistance
Disability rights group that opposes legalization of assisted suicide
and euthanasia as deadly forms of discrimination.
* Sense International
Supporting deafblind people to live, learn and thrive.
* SocioSite: Sociology of Disability
International online resource centre on disability and inclusion.
* Special Needs Family Friendly Fun
Comprehensive resource for people with disabilities, their families and friends.
* Special Olympics: Special Olympics
Creating a more welcoming world through sports.
* WaterAid America
International non-profit dedicated to helping the people living in the world's
poorest communities gain access to clean, safe water, toilets and hygiene.
* Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) | W3C
Make the web accessible to people with disabilities.
- Accessibility Resources on the Internet (pdf)
- BBC - My Web My Way (archived)
Advice and help to all those people who would benefit from making changes
to their browser, operating system, or computer to be able to view all of the web
in a more accessible way.
- Deque University: Web Accessibility Training and Courses
- Easy Accessibility Testing with aXe
- WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind: Resources - WAVE Web Accessibility Tool
* WHO | World Health Organization
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF)
DISABILITIES - LEARNING:
Learning Disability - Special Education
* Communication Disorder: Communication for a Lifetime
* Individuals with Disabilities Education Act | IDEA: Topic Areas
- The Arc. @School: Resource Directory
* Instant Access Treasure Chest
Foreign language teacher's guide to learning disabilities.
* Introduction to Inclusive Digital Literacy - Microsoft in Education
* Kids Together
Laws and resources to create inclusion.
* LD Online
Interactive guide to learning disabilities.
- Individualized Education Program - IEPs
* NCLD - National Center for Learning Disabilities
- The LD Navigator: Resources - Sitemap
* Resources for Students with Disabilities (USA)
- Resources for Students with Disabilities
- Resources for Students with Disabilities and Their Parents
* Understood | For Learning and Attention Issues
- School and Learning | Special Education Resources
EYESIGHT and VISUALLY IMPAIRED: Visual Impairment
* American Foundation for the Blind®
- Helen Keller Archive
- Braille: Braille Bug®
- PCT: Tactile Pro - World's first Tablet PC for the visually impaired
Solution that allows the visually impaired to browse the internet.
* Best Tools & Technology for Students with Visual Disabilities
- Be My Eyes - See the World Together
- Navigating the Internet for the Visually Impaired
- Resources for Visually Impaired Students
Accessible Online Library for people with print disabilities.
* Google™ Accessibility
Accessible web search for the visually impaired.
* Gutenberg: The Audio Books Project
Makes audio eBooks available for literature now available in plain text.
* LibriVox | free public domain audiobooks
Acoustical liberation of books in the public domain. Volunteers working
goal is to make all public domain books available as free audio books.
International charity fighting preventable blindness.
* Topic Index: Resources All | National Federation of the Blind (USA)
HEARING IMPAIRED: Deaf Culture
Hearing Loss: Hearing and Balance
* Deaf Child Worldwide
Working with deaf children in developing countries.
* Deaf Historical Resources – Gallaudet University
* DeafBiographies.com (archived)
Deaf American biograhies through the early 20th century.
* DeafConnect - World Deaf Directory
* Hearing Loss | NCBDDD | CDC
* List of Sign Languages
- American Sign Language
- American Sign Language Browser
Instructions and pictures for sign language.
- American Sign Language | NIDCD
* Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
United States listings with worldwide connections.
* Resources: Websites, Blogs, Vlogs, Online Journals – Gallaudet University
* Ultimate Guide to Hearing Loss Prevention
* WFD | World Federation of the Deaf: Links - Members - Partners
"Good, Better, Best.
Never Let It Rest,
Until The Good Is Better,
And The Better Is Best."
Academic Education Learning Resources:
Copyright © 1997-2021 By: V. Chris & Thomas M. Tinney, Sr.
All rights reserved. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who's Who in America, Millennium Edition [54th] - 2004
Who's Who In Genealogy and Heraldry, [both editions]
Return To: Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory™ - Wiki